Engine Stalling

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
RyeGuy

#1 Post by RyeGuy »

I am having a problem with my dale. All the sudden when I press the throttle in, the bike chokes and stalls. It was running fine this morning. I was practicing on an MX track, took a break, went back onto the track, hit the gas, and it started stalling.

So far, I have changed the plug, tried a different coil, replaced the fuel filter. We opened up the intake and by covering the hole on top of the motor with my hands I was able to give the bike full throttle without it dying. It dies as soon as the hand was removed. I have not tried a new fuel pump yet.

I got it home and hooked it up to my DM kit. I am gettig a MIL lamp open fault, I never used to get it, but I used to have a dash board with lights hooked up, and do not right now, so I think that is why I am getting this fault when I never did before. I also cannot recieve my calibration file. When I do it, the blue bar goes about 2/3, and a clicking sound starts happening somewhere near the top of the motor. The clicking sound happens rapidly like morse code. Eventually the ECU shuts down and the download fails. I am able to upload a file to the ECU.

That is all I have got, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

The MIL lamp fault is because of the status lights aren't hooked up anymore. You might try to recalibrate the throttle.

dalewannbe

#3 Post by dalewannbe »

check for loose battery battery cables or loose ground down near the negative battery terminal.

try holding the green start button down when you're loading the hex. (your bike should not start though, hopefully you have the clutch wires hooked up and not tied together). On the holder models quads you had to hold the green start button in to get the d&m to load and receive files.

mil lamp open is normal without the status lights hooked up.

RyeGuy

#4 Post by RyeGuy »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ May 21 2006, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The MIL lamp fault is because of the status lights aren't hooked up anymore. You might try to recalibrate the throttle.

QUOTE (jesshamner @ May 21 2006, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did a throttle calibration and uploaded it. I also re-sent my Blaze Speed program as well (with my original settings I had saved in a tex file)