D@M help!!!Please want to get quad running!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
hogman

#1 Post by hogman »

Im finally ready to get this project finished and running but im having problems mapping the ecm. I have sucessfully reloaded the HEX code, but all other functions dont work. I keep getting "failed to unlock system 3" message. Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I really wanted to get this thing going today and this is killing me.

Thanks
Joe

fixthedale

#2 Post by fixthedale »

QUOTE (hogman @ May 22 2006, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im finally ready to get this project finished and running but im having problems mapping the ecm. I have sucessfully reloaded the HEX code, but all other functions dont work. I keep getting "failed to unlock system 3" message. Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I really wanted to get this thing going today and this is killing me.

Thanks
Joe

Did you hit the start switch before downloading?

hogman

#3 Post by hogman »

Yes i did i even held it down the entire time i downloaded the hex code and it worked fine. Just cant get any other functions to work.

fixthedale

#4 Post by fixthedale »

QUOTE (hogman @ May 22 2006, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes i did i even held it down the entire time i downloaded the hex code and it worked fine. Just cant get any other functions to work.

yeah, when you connect to the ecu you just need to bump the start switch to turn it on and then download from the ecu. if you can't do this the hex might have gotten corrupted. you might need to load it again.

hogman

#5 Post by hogman »

Ok i will try reloading the hex. If that dosnt help what else could be wrong?

hogman

#6 Post by hogman »

One other thing . I loaded the hex code 4k-atv that came with my d&m kit. Is this the wrong hex code and if it is can some one post or email me the right hex code.
therealhogman@hotmail.com
thanks
joe

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

that is the right hex code

hogman

#8 Post by hogman »

Ok thanks. That is a step in the right direction but i still can not get any other functions to work.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

You might try calling Scooter at Optimum. He's a really nice guy and is always helpful. He can tell you what that error means and how to fix it probably.

hogman

#10 Post by hogman »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ May 22 2006, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might try calling Scooter at Optimum. He's a really nice guy and is always helpful. He can tell you what that error means and how to fix it probably.

I may end up doing that i just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and if they had a fix for it before calling.