How much for a battery?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

I have to buy a new battery. I was just wondering which batteries you all are running and how much I should expect to pay for it. I have researched the websited and came up with a few models and prices. But I just want to see what people are buying and how much they actually spent. Thanks.

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Aug 2 2006, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to buy a new battery. I was just wondering which batteries you all are running and how much I should expect to pay for it. I have researched the websited and came up with a few models and prices. But I just want to see what people are buying and how much they actually spent. Thanks.

I bought mine from Oreilly auto parts and I gave $42 dollars for it. It is a super start atv battery. I like them.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

Which battery?

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Come on...26 views and 1 repsonse? I know this isn't the most important question in the world but d@mn.

speed2424

#5 Post by speed2424 »

I would get the yts-14-bs, if I were you. They don't cost $42.00 , BUT they are well worth the extra money. I have that battery in 3 of my quads.

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Aug 2 2006, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which battery?

It was there equivalent to the factory battery. They cross referenced the number and that is what we came up with.. I will be home tomorrow and I will give you more info if need be.

banzairx7

#7 Post by banzairx7 »

I 2nd getting the 14 battery. I think mine was ~$90. It was worth it for the extra capacity and cranking power.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

$60 for the yt-12abs better than stock and the same size to boot.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Derno's recommendation is the best value and offer's about 30% more power and is exactly the same size as the 9 series battery that came stock. The 14 series battery is the same size and more than twice as powerful, EXCEPT that it is 1/4" taller. I use both the 12 series and the 14 series in the YTZ designation. The YTZ is a gel battery and does not require filling with acid. Boomer can give you some prices on the factory Yuasa batteries in any of the three sizes. I am not a fan of other brands, as we have run into quality problems and in one case the battery was a hair bigger and did not fit in the tray!

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Wow! Finally some good info. When I first got my cannondale I took it to TheQuadShop for some updates. They didn't send the battery so Jeff put one in. It was a bit taller than the stock one. I'm guessing this was a 14? Since then, I had to buy a new battery when I was in a jam and just bought a stock size at Napa (they had cannondale listed in there book!). So I'm looking at about $100 for the 12 or 14?