How much for a battery?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

Shop around the 12 series battery should be cheaper like Derno said. The "Z" series 14 battery is at or above $100. In a pinch both batteries come stock in several years of the Suzuki GSXR series bike. My last one was in a Suzuki / Yuasa box from the Suzuki dealer. I have been using a few washers to take up the space of the taller battery, between the clamp and the box. Or on some straps the rubber isolation strip on the underside of the strap is in two pieces. Peel one layer off and the fit is perfect. On some of these strips the part is only 1 piece and it's just twice as thick. Either way it works.

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

There isn't any need for me to shop around really. I get employee discount at a local honda shop that is a Yuasa dealer.

banzairx7

#13 Post by banzairx7 »

I personally had no trouble fitting the 14 battery in my tray. It was a little snug going in but not to bad. The added height was no problem at all. It seems mine isn't the norm though.

jesshamner

#14 Post by jesshamner »

Actually, I don't remember much trouble getting mine out. I know it was hard to move it around but it finally came without breaking anything or any modifications.