Blown Fuse

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
RyeGuy

#1 Post by RyeGuy »

My dale keeps blowing fuses. I trued putting higher amped fuse but still no luck. I can't get it to blow a fuse when troubleshooting. Only does it during races mad.gif . I was hoping someone could give me a good idea of where to look. I checked the battery connections. FYI I just recently put a wiring harness of of another bike recently, so it could be anywhere, but like I said I looked it over pretty good and found obvious problems....

Thanks

Ryan

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Measure the amperage your fuel pump and cooling fans are using . Did the harness you have in it before do the same thing?

RyeGuy

#3 Post by RyeGuy »

QUOTE (wistech @ Sep 25 2006, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Measure the amperage your fuel pump and cooling fans are using . Did the harness you have in it before do the same thing?

I had a one of the oldest versions of wiring harness before, and suddenly the bike would not run at above an idle, for more info search this post using my user name..... Anyhow the symptoms are not the same, but kind of similar, I will try as you ask....

Thanks

Ryan

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I wonder if on your old harness was the diode update in it?If not ECU could be damaged.Do what Wistech said also look at those little wires on fuel pump to see they arent wore through from rubbing on frame.Your fuel pump isnt running all the time?Your using a Pingle Kill switch?

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Not running above idle might be a bad tps . Easy to check with a d@m .

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe that issue is fixed with new harness but now he blows fuses.Is that right?

RyeGuy

#7 Post by RyeGuy »

Old Harness did not have the diode update, however I purchased a different solenoid from NAPA per R&S Performance recommendation, and that solenoid had a diode in it. Plus, the ECU (I thought) does not really deal with high voltage directly, so how could a damaged ECU blow fuses? I am gonna check amperage this weekend by the way, what kind of reading should I expect?

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 25 2006, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if on your old harness was the diode update in it?If not ECU could be damaged.Do what Wistech said also look at those little wires on fuel pump to see they arent wore through from rubbing on frame.Your fuel pump isnt running all the time?Your using a Pingle Kill switch?

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 26 2006, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe that issue is fixed with new harness but now he blows fuses.Is that right?

That Is Correct!