Spin No Start w/ Spark

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
promod

#1 Post by promod »

Hey guys new to posting but have been reading for awhile now.

OK, here we go, a little history, My '02 dale (quad) has been down for 6-8 months, last time out it overheated, I shut it down and was towed back (did not ride it while it was overheating).

So fast forward to now. Got the itch again and ordered all the updates for the Dale (aluminum impeller, Stage 8, motor mount kit, along with other things). When I installed the Stage 8 kit, I did make sure that the cam timing did not move and I checked again before I put the covers back on. I also did check the valve lash and it is within spec. (this is just for every ones info)

The problem, Spin no Start-

Fuel pressure - 42psi

Spark - Yes

recal'ed the TPS setting

TPS % - 7.1% @ closed throttle per Scooter w/ IACV @ 168

I also cleaned the injectors with injector cleaner and triggered the injectors under pressure to check for good atomization. Cleaned and inspected fuel pressure regulator. No codes also.

When it spins over, the injectors squirt one time and that's it. If I spray fuel in manually, it fires up and runs till the fuel that I added burns up.

If anybody can help, Thank you. Its killin me, I can't evan sleep at night.

Aric (ProMod)

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Is this a bike or a quad?What TPS settings did you end up with?

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

I had the same issue. My D&M said fault w/ injector B.. Replaced both injectors, problem solved!!

promod

#4 Post by promod »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 6 2006, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this a bike or a quad?What TPS settings did you end up with?

Its a quad. Going off memory low is around .23v and high around 4.32v

When I get back from the dyno today I check for sure.

Thanks man

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Oct 6 2006, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had the same issue. My D&M said fault w/ injector B.. Replaced both injectors, problem solved!!

I did pull codes also, no faults...

Thanks though.

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Check compression then.. I'm not sure what it is supposed to but I was a guinny pig for some Ti valves and compression went to 25psi. My wrench said your have a valve problem. Tore the motor down and he was correct-----------------both times.. Yes it happened twice. The Ti valves beat the seats. This happened to three or four other guys though nobody was really told what happened to their motors.. You won't have beat seats, but it could be valve related..

speed2424

#6 Post by speed2424 »

Sounds more like a fuel delivery problem rather than compression, to me. Runs with fuel added BUT then runs out of fuel.

MyCannibal

#7 Post by MyCannibal »

yes...I would say fuel related also...injectors, fuel lines, disconnects, pump, intank screen filter, inline filter, regulator...he is getting good psi though...interesting...

speed2424

#8 Post by speed2424 »

I worked on one that acted the same way. It turned out to be a bad injector.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes or Maybe your wiring is wrong.Check the temp sensor and injector wires to see they arent switched.

promod

#10 Post by promod »

It runs!! I now can sleep at night. So what was it?? Lets just say my legs are a little sore for kickin myself in the a$$ for 3 days. Old gas. I used gas for starting purposes out of a customers fuel tank we were changing, well turns out the car has been sitting for 2yrs. Go figure. Guys just what to say thanks for responding! Now as soon as my pipe comes in I'm strapping it down on the dyno. I'll let ya''ll know how it does.

Thanks Guys
Aric

Dyno numbers soon to come. cool.gif