Quad Calculator

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
toothandnail

#11 Post by toothandnail »

smile.gif Very nice , thanks , something else to tinker with , like I need anything more wacko.gif

toothandnail

#12 Post by toothandnail »

You probably did the same as I did , in my hast to "play" I opened from the download screen (after downloading) ,entered everything ,closed it and lost it, went back and extracted, it works now. If that makes any sense blink.gif I'll let some one who can speak the language(geek speak) explain better. blink.gif

86atc250r

#13 Post by 86atc250r »

Hi guys.

First time I've been here in a while and low & behold I stumble across my little proggy hanging out over here.

Glad you all are enjoying it. Sorry - I totally forgot to stick the Dale in there for you all. Thanks for all the positive comments on the program.

When programming this tool, I wanted it to be simply an executable without any sort of install process so it would be small, easy to distribute, easy to use, easy to share, etc... So I was somewhat limited in how I save bike parameters, and other things.

The program stores the data in a file instead of a database. If it can't find the file, it defaults to the included set of quads that's built into the program. The trick is to save the program somewhere on your harddrive (on your desktop, in a folder, where ever) and always use it from there, that way it will be able to find the data file it's looking for if you save any bike parameters or valve shim data.

If you guys have any feedback on the program, feel free to let me know. I stop by every once in a while but the quickest way would be to send me an email or post in the program's sticky thread over at trx450r.org

Also - I'm sure you guys are aware, but I'm the one that programmed the cannondale EFI editing software that's online. Not sure if anyone's ever made an alternative available or not, but my original code is still online. Back in the day I asked everyone to keep it quiet for fear that Optimum would send me a nastygram and force me to take it down (since it did the same thing as the software they charged $1500 for), but I'm not really concerned about that anymore...

BTW - Hey Tooth&Nail - you ever been to the TT track in AVA, MO? We're getting an Extreme Dirt Track National for 2007. If you go sometime, look me up - I'll be on the Black 450R with Elsinore (red white & blue) graphics, or ask around for Gabe - pretty much anyone there should know who I am.

ozarkdaler

#14 Post by ozarkdaler »

Hey the track in Ava is pretty nice it is about 2 miles from the house. I did not know they were getting a national that is awesome. I did not mean to get off of the subject. Just cannot believe there is some people that knows where Ava is. It is not the end of the world but you can see it from there. lol...

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Thank you again.Did you know the EFI editing software doesnt work anymore?Get this error message:

SoftArtisans.SAFile.1 error '80070005'

Error occurred when moving cached file to final destination. Please check the NTFS permissions for the directory "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\" and the directory containing the file "D:\inetpub\parade-homes\xcracing\cdale\cal.bin". These directories require Read, Write and Delete permissions by the anonymous user ( NT account: IUSR_computername ) and/or by your authenticated users.Access is denied.

/xcracing/cdale/processor.asp, line 7

86atc250r

#16 Post by 86atc250r »

Ahh -- hosting company changed servers without letting me know, messed up permissions. It should be fixed now.

Ava - cjenkins ---- yes, we'll be round 5 this year - I believe the date is Aug 4th. Track redesign starting maybe tomorrow. Terry Reynolds of Greenbrier will be running the national event and is helping with the new design & layout.

ozarkdaler

#17 Post by ozarkdaler »

Awesome Do you live around Ava?

86atc250r

#18 Post by 86atc250r »

A bit South of Branson. I'm at the track every weekend there is a race there and sometimes between.

ozarkdaler

#19 Post by ozarkdaler »

Seems like that is where most of the people come from Branson/Harrison area. I have only seen 1 Dale there ever. I wish I had time to ride over there but it is pretty much just Chadwick and the farms when I got time.

toothandnail

#20 Post by toothandnail »

BTW - Hey Tooth&Nail - you ever been to the TT track in AVA, MO? We're getting an Extreme Dirt Track National for 2007. If you go sometime, look me up - I'll be on the Black 450R with Elsinore (red white & blue) graphics, or ask around for Gabe - pretty much anyone there should know who I am.

No ,we haven't been there, yet, several guys that race at our track are planing to race that series next year. We are going to the Tulsa Shootout Dec 28-30, how about you?