300 hr motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speed 450mx

#1 Post by speed 450mx »

My 4 yr old 300 plus hour speed factory motor No!! internal motor work. Only 2 top hats 2 sets of metal gears for trans and motor oil and relocktite the bolts. If you look real close you can see the original hone marks. sorry for the big pics.
[attachment=2532:attachment]
[attachment=2537:attachment]
[attachment=2539:attachment]

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

hmmm....sorry to be a doubting thomas....but at 300 hours your timing chain would be worn to heck and yours looks like a 50 hour chain. Barely over half way through the clicks. I gotta say that unless you have an hour meter on your quad you really have no idea how many hours you have on your bike/quad. It is amazing how much time is wasted and thought to be ride time.

But hey, you never know. It could be 300 hours. Maybe you are a lucky son of a. smile.gif

speed 450mx

#3 Post by speed 450mx »

well its four years old two seasons of motos, about 12 or so trips to the sand dunes plus count less hours at local track practicing but if you dont belive then I really dont care

Yellowrocket440

#4 Post by Yellowrocket440 »

dry.gif Hey, I just got to this for more proof that he's right.. I've rode with him for the 2 yrs. and he's had minor troubles or problems!!!!! Some people are just luckier than others!!!! tongue.gif

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Well maybe some of us are running at twice the RPM so 150 hrs is like 300 hrs of some guys.Only explanation for a motor with that little wear and no valve floating as evidenced from cams.I am sorry but if you ride anywhere near rev limiter with stock motor there is no way to avoid the signs.Nothing wrong with running at around 6000rpm but you could do it on a 400ex for alot less $.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

You people crack me up. The poor guy is simply showing some pics of a very used motor, that he has had great luck with, and gets nothing but hammered on. I bet if the title said, 300hour motor with zbearing and wisconson rebuild, you all would be praising him. LOL..

Oh, does riding a bike on the rev limiter make you

A: faster?
B: smarter?
c: poorer
D: all the above?

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Well posting crap like that makes people think they shouldnt do normal maintainence.If you think 300hrs before a rebuild is normal then that is your perogative but I would say you are nuts.

speed 450mx

#8 Post by speed 450mx »

You know what your just like a Three year old that dont like to share his toys. And I really dont care what you think about my motor and you know Apparently I do better maintainence than you do if my motor looks like that after that.

Why should I have rebuilt it there were no problems plus everything was still in spec. The only thing not was the crank end play thats why I tore it down now.

This Crap is Why OUR LITTLE COMMUNITY IS GETTING SMALLER AND SMALLER ON THIS SITE AND WHY THE POST HAVE SLOW DOWN!

How long have you owned your dale?

MyCannibal

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

It would really take an idiot not to do normal maintenance on ANY quad...c'mon C27...you're not THAT much smarter than us...and no one said 300 hours is normal dude...CHILL!

speed 450mx

#10 Post by speed 450mx »

cannondale27 you told Psychosis this on his 300 Hour Motor
"Awesome!I believe it for sure.We all made some costly errors with aftermarket stuff when stock was better.The Dales just needed some good assembly,proper tolerances and that crank bearing."

Now we see how you really are!