Replacement fuel pump answers

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
peterock

#21 Post by peterock »

As for the stock fuel pumps. Doesn't look like a problem getting them from ATK. I ordered two the other day.

GDITheman

#22 Post by GDITheman »

I usually try to replace stock items with something better than stock. At the time, the MSD was said to be "better" than stock. I guess that was over 2.5 years ago. I fried my stock one with a crappy batt charger and the shakes from 17 deg temps.

If there is a better pump, I'd like to know, even if it costs a bit more.

thedeatons

#23 Post by thedeatons »

Hey guys.... I have the folks at Optimum Power looking into the Delphi T-11, as a low current draw solution for their fueling systems.... The pump is smaller, has a high output, and a super low amperage draw, so that our batteries wil charge even better! I will be calling them this week to find out what their engineers have decided about it...

wistech

#24 Post by wistech »

The t-11 is an intank fuel pump. Not really going to help out the guy who needs a direct fit fuel pump friday night for a race satuday.LOL

thedeatons

#25 Post by thedeatons »

Well no, but that scenario was never brought up to begin with:)

cdsracer

#26 Post by cdsracer »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Delphi makes that pump in either an in-tank style or an in-line style...perfectly suitable for our application.

claas900

#27 Post by claas900 »

Maz said Cadale was working on an intake pump,he said he'd post pics but never did. I'd like to see it,I's also like to see no return line.

Guy310

#28 Post by Guy310 »

If the suction end is the side coming from tha gas tank (which I think it is), the banjo fitting is a 10.0X1.0 thread size. I just repaired the threads on a spare pump of mine.

hogman

#29 Post by hogman »

Not to bring up an old thread but i am trying to get my dale running again and i think ive narrowed it down to a bad fuel pump. I guttted the quick connects and still have little return pressure and it wont start. So i went and bought this pump What i need to know now is if this is right, and if so how are u guys connecting it to the fuel lines? My stock lines use banjo style bolts and this pump looks like it should have some kind of quick connect, or are u just clamping the fuel lines to the brass fittings on the pump?

peterock

#30 Post by peterock »

looks like you can just clamp that one on. Could have got you a stock replacement one though for about the same price and saved you the hassle.