Other engine

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
440speedkid

#1 Post by 440speedkid »

hey i was wondering if anyone had bolted up a diffrent engine to and cannondale and had good results, i was looking but idk if there is one that would just bolt up to the mounts already there not really looking to weld.

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

Why dont you just rebuild yours instead of selling it?

Sand_Blaster

#3 Post by Sand_Blaster »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Jun 10 2007, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why dont you just rebuild yours instead of selling it?

I agree, I've seen YZF450 motor in a Dale frame. But whats wrong with the Dale motor? wink.gif

ozarkdaler

#4 Post by ozarkdaler »

Yep it is degrading our american made quad. One of these days they will be priceless since there is hardly anything made here anymore. smile.gif

450blaze

#5 Post by 450blaze »

what isn't wrong with the dale motor if you think the dale is as reliable as the other 450's then why do the sell as much as stock 400ex price not to mention the pain to work on
the dale is a unique quad and is fast but the just dont last

speed 450mx

#6 Post by speed 450mx »

All brands brake down I have had less problems out of my dale than my 400 ex

hawksd1

#7 Post by hawksd1 »

QUOTE (450blaze @ Jun 12 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what isn't wrong with the dale motor if you think the dale is as reliable as the other 450's then why do the sell as much as stock 400ex price not to mention the pain to work on
the dale is a unique quad and is fast but the just dont last

Ill answer that even though I shouldnt...I believe it due to many determining factors. 1-People who dont want to take the time to truly learn the quad instead bad mouth it and want nothing more than to not have to ever work on the quad in depth. IMO they are the same people who have enough cash to buy the ferrari but settle on the oldsmobile because noone ever had to work on em! 2-Most people just listen and follow so there are those people that heard once about someone w/ a problem w/ a dale and from then on it was set in stone as far as they were concerned. 3-The Dale has so much more potemtial than jap quads and Ill prove it...The newer quads being built right now that offer all these bells and whistles and tech advances and claims of nothing like it....Dale been there done that and did it 6 years before the competition, the fatal flaw for C-Dale probably the way the company ran the books IMO that has nothing to do with one bad a$$ quad that requires you to know all about it. I guarantee Jimmy Johnson knows tons about his race car and Mario Andretti knows tons about F1s and John Force knows tons about 1/4 mile cars, But Harvey the book keeper dont know Jack crap about his pinto cause he just wants to get from point A to B. Just my opinion, later dude!

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Why do they sell for as much as the 400ex? um..how old are these quads? How much can you get an 04 YFZ for? Buddy bought one for 3k. These quads are old plain and simple. That along with the fact cdale went belly up you end up with a quad that is a tough sell. Has nothing to do with where the community has it now.

yamadjs08

#9 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jun 12 2007, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do they sell for as much as the 400ex? um..how old are these quads? How much can you get an 04 YFZ for? Buddy bought one for 3k. These quads are old plain and simple. That along with the fact cdale went belly up you end up with a quad that is a tough sell. Has nothing to do with where the community has it now.

Exactly what I was going to say. These quads are old, 2004 yfz's and 450r's aren't bringing much more... And to be honest, after racing for a few years now, I've seen first hand that todays 450's are far from reliable...

450blaze

#10 Post by 450blaze »

dales are great for people with time time and then some more time and usually single
i know the dales are better performing quads but i dont think there is a R&D section on the blue tracks site
an o4 yfz for 3k yes but mostly stock i have a cannible with axle arm and others that i coundn't get 3 for and if age is the problem then why do 88 250r's still bring 2500 the dale may be reliable now but how long did it take i have 2 dales and love to ride them but i have a family and a job so time to work on them is limited but i do it and if someone repowers a dale with another motor would that not take time and knowlege of the quad in my experince it is the little things that go wrong with the dale that drive me nuts what this site has done for dale owners is priceless without it we would all be screwed the dale dihards have done some great things
the biggest disipointment about the dales is ATK and the lack of everything that they have done they are the ones responsible for the lack of respect that dales get from the general atv community
i should have know not to dis the dales on the cults website sorry if you are offended by the truth