wiring harness

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
440speedkid

#1 Post by 440speedkid »

does the Bw wiring harness make a big difference if so does that 100 update kit they have replace ever wire on the quad.

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

I believe it is an add on harness that plugs into your existing and has some relays and diodes in it. If it replaced every wire on the quad it would truly be a bargain at $100 but would be alot of work and not necessary.
I have not heard any comments about them one way or the other but I would like to find out too!
Ray

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Ray is right. The harness is an add-on harness designed originally by Ben Wrightsman (DangerRanger). This harness is to repair or avoid the repair to an ECU due to a burned out driver in the ECU for the fuel pump and cooling fan. There are no diodes, just two relays and fuses to allow the key switch to turn off the fan and the fuel pump. It also keeps the ECU from having the problem in the first place. It does not replace any wiring, it is just an add-on piece of insurance. If you ever heard of someone saying their fuel pump runs even with the switches off this is what they need OR should have had in the first place...

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

Can anyone confirm that when you put one of these in with a burned ecu fuel pump driver the fuel pump will then work as it is supposed to? What would run the coil on the relay if the driver is fried or does it use another trigger like the key switch?

I should have asked Cord when I forked over over more than four hundred this morning! But then again I am going to have to wait a month or so for that wound to heal!

Hundred bucks or so for a new ecu, hundred bucks or so for a harness to make it work!
I have one of these half baked ecu's and I have a auth codes for it so I would like to use if if I can but I want to be sure!
Ray

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

Oops I just reread kdeals reply and it answered my question before I asked it!
So maybe I should ask... Are you sure?
It does seem like it would be better for the pump to run when the key is switched on so it could make pressure without having to bump it.
Ray

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

If your pump runs all the time Blackwidows add on Harness will enable it to be shut off when key/killswitch is is shut off.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

As C27 stated, yes it will do exactly that. I have installed one on two quads with the same problem. The good news is that it also helps to prevent the problem on set-ups where the problem does not exist yet.