dies when throttle is pushed?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
twisted

#1 Post by twisted »

Hey guys, well when I was preppin my quad today, changed the plug, went over all the bolts and changed the filters. Then I started her up for a ride and it seemed like it got warm really fast, so i brought it back to the garage and right when i pulled in it stalled on me, so I started it up again and everytime I gave it gas it was like chocking the motor out. any ideas?

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Hmm, could be a lot of things, its pretty vague. Did it run fine before you did everything? Is the coolant flowing? Let it warm up and feel both your radiator hoses, they should both be hot. Is it idling rough? Can you slowly roll the throttle on? Does it just die or start popping and die? Could be a stuck injector, we have had a quad run on only one injector before. It would idle but that is it. Maybe the IACV is throwing it way off? Try turning the key off for a while and then trying it, resetting the IACV. Are your quick connect fittings gutted? Or just stock?

Tough one...

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

Could be something with one of your injectors. Check both of the electrical connectors to them and make sure they are both flowing good.

twisted

#4 Post by twisted »

Um, Dont know about the injector thing, hoping its not that, it runs fine up untill it gets very hot then it will only idle... but it runs ok for that 1-2 mins before.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

KWIK CONNECTS?

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

What you are experiencing is exactly what I just had. Ran fine until it warmed up then died and would run worth crap. Discovered a loose wire to the connector of one of my injectors, causing the injector to not fire all the time or not at all. Would also explain the reason it got warm faster as it wouldn't have been getting enough fuel, thus causing it to run lean and hot. As Wistech mentioned as well, quick connects should be checked also as that has been the more typical culprit then what I experienced.

twisted

#7 Post by twisted »

Well I know my kwik connects are crappy, there the stock ones from -03 but I have a race this weekend and no time to order new ones.. Ill check my injector wires tommrow and Im gonna look through all the other electricals... keep the ideas coming

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I bet you find your problem with advice given.Only other thing I have seen cause this is a bad battery and one case where it was in wiring harness but we never located specific issue.

yamadjs08

#9 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (twisted @ Aug 7 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I know my kwik connects are crappy, there the stock ones from -03 but I have a race this weekend and no time to order new ones.. Ill check my injector wires tommrow and Im gonna look through all the other electricals... keep the ideas coming

You could gut the quick connects if you want. It's ridiculously easy and flows a lot more fuel. And it could be your problem. Plus your doing your fuel pump a favor. I used to be a skeptic but you'd be surprised at how much more they flow.

I'm going with quick connects or stuck injector. cool.gif

twisted

#10 Post by twisted »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Aug 7 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could gut the quick connects if you want. It's ridiculously easy and flows a lot more fuel. And it could be your problem. Plus your doing your fuel pump a favor. I used to be a skeptic but you'd be surprised at how much more they flow.

I'm going with quick connects or stuck injector. cool.gif

How do you gut the quick connects? im gonna go take a look at my injector wires also... oh and about the battery thing, the battery seems to die everytime i start it, its like its not recharging itself...i have to put it on the charger to start it