dies when throttle is pushed?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
twisted

#11 Post by twisted »

Alright after this whole morning of wrenchin, My conclusions so far: there is combustion in the intake, when i push the throttle and look down where the intake thingie is I see en explosion witch kills the motor... any ideas? looked at the injectors both are spraying good and basically looked at all the wires and fuel hoses... options right now, maybe gut the injectors?

speed 450mx

#12 Post by speed 450mx »

QUOTE (twisted @ Aug 8 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you gut the quick connects? im gonna go take a look at my injector wires also...

oh and about the battery thing, the battery seems to die everytime i start it, (sounds like the battery is no good I would start there I have had one do that because of the battery)
its like its not recharging itself...i have to put it on the charger to start it

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Is the idle sporatic? So, you have the entire intake off? If you had an air leak in the intake area it would die when you hit the throttle, but the idle would normally be jacked up as well.

twisted

#14 Post by twisted »

Idle is fine when I start it up... it even idles well when its warm, just cant give it throttle cuz it makes an explosion in the intake tube thing (pulled off airbox cover to look into the intake)... if it is the battery im gonna be waiting awhile cuz I have to order one...:S

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Use jumper cables to your truck or car battery and see if it runs well with them hooked up.Also do you have a D&M?If so watch throttle % it should be linear all the way up when you slowly open throttle.If not TPS.

haydug

#16 Post by haydug »

I had a bike do this same exact thing one time, turned out to be the coil (jesshamner). He drove all the way from KY to find that out. His would fire, just didn't look blue, but did look like a strong red fire. We switched coils, and it ran like a top.
I had another do this, turned out to be the fuel pump.

twisted

#17 Post by twisted »

Hey thanks for the help so far, This is already the second coil Ive used, but it could be broken... My fuel pump is also the stock unit so might be tired.. How much for a coil and fuel pump?

Idahocannibal

#18 Post by Idahocannibal »

Mine did something similar once, ran good for an hour or so than it died on me and it would start right up and idle fine but if you gave it any throttle at all it would die. Turned out it was was the throttle position sensor. Just something else to check.

twisted

#19 Post by twisted »

QUOTE (Idahocannibal @ Aug 10 2007, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine did something similar once, ran good for an hour or so than it died on me and it would start right up and idle fine but if you gave it any throttle at all it would die. Turned out it was was the throttle position sensor. Just something else to check.

How do I go about with checking this, Im starting to think it might be caused by my stem bending into the airbox when i flipped it, I straighted my stem, but maybe something got out of whack.. Im gonna order new quick connects, coil and battery. If it still doesnt work then a fuelpump should be the last fix.

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

check to be sure your boot is still fastened correctly on the throttle body and the motor.