dale won't start....

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi everyone,

I have been working hard to get my dale that I want to run in motocross ready to try a run. After many many many tries to get it to start it has started and run for about 15 minutes but it kept cutting out. I tried swapping the fuel regulator and fuel pump off another machine and now I can't get it to start. It is trying to fire and disengages the one way bearing on the starter briefly, only to stop and grind the starter.

This morning I checked the fuel out of the injectors and it looks like a very brief puff of fuel is comming out of each one. I do get occasional back firing through the intake and also out of the muffler.

Any thoughts?

God bless...

Mark

m_mcgranahan

#2 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ Aug 14 2007, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,

I have been working hard to get my dale that I want to run in motocross ready to try a run. After many many many tries to get it to start it has started and run for about 15 minutes but it kept cutting out. I tried swapping the fuel regulator and fuel pump off another machine and now I can't get it to start. It is trying to fire and disengages the one way bearing on the starter briefly, only to stop and grind the starter.

When it was running it was like it totally lost power and then came back again. I did find that the ground was lose, so I tightened it before I replace the fuel pump this afternoon.

This morning I checked the fuel out of the injectors and it looks like a very brief puff of fuel is comming out of each one. I do get occasional back firing through the intake and also out of the muffler.

Any thoughts?

God bless...

Mark

speed2424

#3 Post by speed2424 »

Start with the basics. Do you have fuel returning to the gas tank? Do you have a good spark plug in it? Is the battery charged? Check to see if the flywheel is still lined up. Are ALL of the wiring harness plugs, plugged in? Kevin

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Also do a compression check.Throttle wide open crank it till gauge doesnt go up anymore.

steve-222

#5 Post by steve-222 »

what is a good number for the guage to read?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

80-120psi