New Exhaust, New Map?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Kuma

#1 Post by Kuma »

I have installed a new Prp Circuit Ti4 Silencer on my 02 'dale, I only recently bought the quad, from what I have been told it is a Canable but is now setup more like a Moto with LSR extended front end PEP shocks, and AC nerf bars. I was told that it has the Speed map in it but I have no way to confirm. My question being with the new hi flow exhaust, do I need to load in a new map?
I live in Norco, Ca and would like to meet up with some one with a D&M setup that could check it out, load a new map?
Any help is appreciated.

Sand_Blaster

#2 Post by Sand_Blaster »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Jan 6 2008, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have installed a new Prp Circuit Ti4 Silencer on my 02 'dale, I only recently bought the quad, from what I have been told it is a Canable but is now setup more like a Moto with LSR extended front end PEP shocks, and AC nerf bars. I was told that it has the Speed map in it but I have no way to confirm. My question being with the new hi flow exhaust, do I need to load in a new map?
I live in Norco, Ca and would like to meet up with some one with a D&M setup that could check it out, load a new map?
Any help is appreciated.

Yes you would need to load up a new map. I'm a noob to mapping, but I think all you need to do is adjust the flow rates right? Of the speed map. But you could slap in a moto map and your good to good smile.gif

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

Check my post on Daler for my response...

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

OK, I have 2 conflicting responses, one is I should be OK and the other is to remap. I respect and appreciate all responses, if i do need to remap, how do I go about doing that?

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

You should be fine, it may be slightly lean, but honestly I have never seen failure from any of the oem maps with simple Stage 1 mods.... I personally would put a Moto map in it because it has more peak power and is designed to work with an aftermarket pipe (the FMF Ti). You will need to find someone local to you who has D&M kit knowledge (Diagnostic & Maintenance) and who has Dealer Cal (so you don't need an authorization code to access your computer). Pro Cal requires that you have the access code from Optimum Power. I can probably have my friend Cdsracer email you a modified Moto map that we use for open air filter and exhaust mods. The modification is significantly reduced timing on the bottom end for easier starting.