start up

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Denny08

#1 Post by Denny08 »

Can anyone tell me why when I start my dale it revs up down

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Its kind of like the sky being blue. Nobody really knows, just a lot of theories.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

If what you mean is that the engine revs and slows down, back and forth....

I would check the IAC valve located on the throttle body. Or I would be looking for an air leak like the boot on the top or bottom of the throttle body being damaged or not on properly.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Kdeal hit the nail on the head. Mine was doing the same thing and I found out the air box or the throttle body wasn't seated correctly. I can't remember which one exactly but it was one of the 2.

MyCannibal

#5 Post by MyCannibal »

so does it stay running when you hit the gas? backfire?...while idling it revs up and down?...not sure what you mean...check the throttle body boot on both ends to make sure it is securely fastened...

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

I remember that old bogus hex code made one of mine rev wildly up and down. If I shut it off hot then it would idle ok for a while . The latest hex code cured that one. Of course you need to check for air leaks buy the injectors ,throttle body and IAC.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Can also be from a lean cold start fuel setting or just a lean fuel setting(map,offset,Flowrate)

peterock

#8 Post by peterock »

He could just be referring to the simple fact that our machines idle high until warm.

Denny08

#9 Post by Denny08 »

Thanks everyone for getting back to me.I should have said that it only does it when I first start it up ,when it's warm not a problem at all.

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Then its probably just in choke mode until it gets warm.