Where is the clutch wiring harness?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
IRONSIDE

#1 Post by IRONSIDE »

Well after a two year hiatus from the Dale world I have decided to dust off my 02 Speed thats been gathering dust in the garage and restore back to its former glory. I'm in the final stages assembly and have come into an electrical snag. My question, is the clutch wiring harness part of the main wiring harness or is it a seperate wiring harness the plugs into the main harness, I have either lost my subharness or I have the wrong main harness as I have no wiring going to the clutch lever. huh.gif

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

what do you need wires for???? You may have removed them as some of us have.

IRONSIDE

#3 Post by IRONSIDE »

QUOTE (peterock @ Aug 6 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what do you need wires for???? You may have removed them as some of us have.

I dont remember deleting the harness but anything is poss. So can I assume that the clutch switch function in not needed?

speed2424

#4 Post by speed2424 »

They are part of the main harness & do not unplug. They come out of the main harness at the same point as the "start/ stop" & "key switch" wires.

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

They have to be wired together or it won't run. You have to splice them together. The clutch thing, start stop, and key are all wired in series. If one wire is broken, it won't run. They are all located in the bundle zip tied up by the top of the radiator.

IRONSIDE

#6 Post by IRONSIDE »

Thanks for your help guys. I am missing the subharness from my clutch lever to the main harness. If I can't find a repalcement I'll be able to wire one up.