just cranks

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Denny08

#1 Post by Denny08 »

Just got my Blaze put back together went to start just cranks. I checked all connections everything is where it should be, got spark, fuel pump is running while motor is cranking but I don't think the injectors are squirting is that possible. It was just a crank replacement so all I needed to do was set it at top dead center put the cams in the up location like it shows in the book put timing chain on and be good correct. So if anyone can help that would be good.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

One of the pages in the book is wrong, it's backwards. I think it's page 45? Are you sure you don't have the crank and water sensor pluged in backwards?

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

injectors plugged all the way in?

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Do a compression test if all those other suggestions check out good. You should have 90-100psi.

Denny08

#5 Post by Denny08 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Aug 16 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do a compression test if all those other suggestions check out good. You should have 90-100psi.

found the prob fuel pump running just not pumping

Jasonboz56

#6 Post by Jasonboz56 »

QUOTE (Denny @ Aug 20 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
found the prob fuel pump running just not pumping

How did you figure that out? Did you have to buy a new one? I'm having the same problem. My fuel filter has bubbles in it when cranking then drains mostly empty when not being cranked. Any advice? I have spark and good gas and battery but it just won't fire? I'm wondering if I have an air leak in the fuel lines but there's good fuel flow in the gas tank when cranking. The pump definitely primes but my plug doesn't get very wet and it doesn't really fire at all... My only thoughts are maybe the injectors from sitting if it's not the fuel lines...

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

You can remove you pump and bench test it.Have you pulled your airfilter and looked down the throttle body while cranking to see if the injectors are spraying?