Engine Overhaul Advice Needed ??????ǣWho to trust & Where to go?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
marceb16

#1 Post by marceb16 »

I own a 03???????? Cannibal that I????????ve outfitted like a Blaze over the years. I????????ve done every standard preventive maintenance upgrade that I????????ve caught wind of as I like to keep my toys in tip-top-shape. I do so ??????? so I can ride the snot out of it whenever I get the urge.

I????????ve been riding this bike pretty hard since the middle of 2002 when I bought it new. It has always worked great and has always impresses when I ask it to.

Having ridden this machine since new I know that it just isn????????t what it used to be. It truly feels like it is time / best to get it rebuilt before I become another victim of circumstance.

So ??????? I????????m in need of some advice from those that have ???????been there & done that???????. Where / Who are the best places / people to send my engine to ??????? and Why there / them?

I????????m not looking for any over the top mods ??????? I????????m simply looking to get an overhaul that will include the internal updates needed to insure I get a repeat of the performance that I????????ve gotten thus far ??????? with a little extra pieces of mind.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

desertbound

#2 Post by desertbound »

Timbo - Matczak machining and blackwidow are both great. Depending on where you are you might be able to have a member here teach you how to rebuild your motor. I'd stick to those two if you are gonna send your motor off though. Blackwidow if time is an issue. Timbo is swamped because he does a lot of high performance stuff.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Timbo.Otherwise if you have someone local who you really trust just have them do the build.Of course you would need to get all the parts and make them aware of all the things to look for and do.Most mechanics are so familiar with 4strokes now that a Cannondale motor should be a breeze for them.Really only special tools needed are the flywheel puller and degree wheel.Loctite procedure is one thing that would need to be stressed.Along with common wear items like decomp rebuild.From looking at Kdeals list I believe the Blaze was the rarest model.Hang onto it!

desertbound

#4 Post by desertbound »

It looks like you are from PA. That is where Timbo lives I believe. IMO I'd give him a call. You can get his number in the vendors section.

marceb16

#5 Post by marceb16 »

I live in Central PA (Williamsport - home of Little League Baseball) and hold an Aircraft airframe and powerplant mechanics license ??????? so I????????m kinda mechanically inclined. I've always done all my own maintenance but I'm not an experienced with the guts of the C-Dale motor so I want to rely on an ???????expert??????? to insure everything is done right (the first time).

I????????ve had my motor out and apart (to some degree) to put in a stage 8 kit, a new clutch and an aluminum valve cover & impeller and some other odds and ends.

I????????d love to play a roll in the rebuild of my engine. The help, guidance and oversight of someone that knows these things in and out is exactly what I'm looking for. Someone that could show me what not do and what not to forget to do - that's what I need!

While it is open I want to catch it all??????? make sure its all up to snuff and that nothing gets missed.

Where in PA is Timbo located?

Think he would be into helping me fresh????????en up my pride and joy?

Thanks.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

TIMBOMOOSE 1 814 796 6667 Erie PA You need to leave a message and clear call back number.