humm confused...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Rookiex

#1 Post by Rookiex »

its been 3 years since ive started this thing.replaced the battery,oil ect.Fired up and ran just fine then went to start it again a few days later and the thing would crank like a bat outta **** but fired up once then stalled then cant start it again.it will crank battery is brand new cranks great.Fouled plug? new plug needed ya think?.Also where is the transmission oil filter located anyone have a picture i just drained it all out of the check plug.Its been so long guys a little help is needed to refresh my mind.Ive also forgotten how much tranny oil to put in i noticed i over filled it as oil was coming out of the top of the head area out of a hose at the top near the aluminum head over area.What and how much oil would be best for the clutch and gears ect.

MyCannibal

#2 Post by MyCannibal »

fouled plug is my guess...I would start there...your transmission drain bolt is by the engine oil drain bolt...the filter is right underneath the bolt...its a metal screen stick filter...what do you mean by check plug?..you mean the bolthole you monitor during fill-up to ensure not overfilling?

Rookiex

#3 Post by Rookiex »

ur from columbus eh thats where i use to live down in ashville circleville area.I actually got the quad from there last week.

Man it started just fine after 3 years ran like a dream.I shut it down started it and rode it 2 more times ran great.I did fill the tranny oil a little high but I fixed it.Now its not starting cranks great LOADS of battery.Ive read several things but what would cause it to run great then shut it down and not start again??.Coil?? the thing that hooks to the spark plug.

Please cannondale scientests I need you now because this quad is my last chance to ride again.

Rookiex

#4 Post by Rookiex »

It is getting fuel and return its got lots of spark.How do I check the fly wheel?.It ran fine yesterday what is wrong with it!

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Old fuel filter,maybe you o-rings in the quick connects are bad.

Rookiex

#6 Post by Rookiex »

also seems to be getting good compression

Rookiex

#7 Post by Rookiex »

Got a new fuel filter on it brand new.And the O rings are holding really well plenty of gas flowing so much gas you can smell it as you try and start it for a little bit.

ciscorc

#8 Post by ciscorc »

If you have a d&m i would try loading a new hex code

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Rookiex @ Nov 28 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do I check the fly wheel?.

If I'm not mistaken; you remove the nut and washer to see the keyway. and the keyway should line-up with the "C". But this willnot tell you if the keyway is sheared. removing the flywheel is the best way to reveal the keyways condition.

Rookiex

#10 Post by Rookiex »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Nov 29 2008, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I'm not mistaken; you remove the nut and washer to see the keyway. and the keyway should line-up with the "C". But this willnot tell you if the keyway is sheared. removing the flywheel is the best way to reveal the keyways condition.

how do i break the nut without spinning or damaging the flywheel i dont have a flywheel puller.