slave cylinder

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

Anyone have a pic of what a slave cylinder that isn't popped out should look like? I think my lever got pulled and now it won't mount up. My manual doesn't have hydraulic clutch info in it.

NotSoYoungAnymore

#2 Post by NotSoYoungAnymore »

Get a hold of Canniboomer. He may have some pics.
I just bought a complete lever, master and slave setup from him.
He warned me that pulling the lever with the slave cylinder not mounted can damage the slave cylinder.

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

It will have a snap ring holding it together. But even with the snap ring missing they will still work as long as it doesn't leak. There is a spring inside them keeping them pushed out so you do have to claps it when bolting it to the case.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Pull the clutch cover and take the adjusting screw all the way out. THis will give you the extra room you need to mount it up. You have to do it any way to adjust the clutch.

desertbound

#5 Post by desertbound »

I'll give that a try. It just bolted right up on my last rebuild. I think one of my little nephews pulled the lever while we were out in the garage xmas eve. He likes to climb on the quads and "race" them. The snap ring is still there but it's popped all the way out. I could probably get the bolts started in the holes but I don't want to damage the case or take a change of stripping the holes. I'm sure it's not good on the slave cylinder either. I just don't want to miss the glamis ride because of something like this.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Dec 27 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give that a try. It just bolted right up on my last rebuild. I think one of my little nephews pulled the lever while we were out in the garage xmas eve. He likes to climb on the quads and "race" them. The snap ring is still there but it's popped all the way out. I could probably get the bolts started in the holes but I don't want to damage the case or take a change of stripping the holes. I'm sure it's not good on the slave cylinder either. I just don't want to miss the glamis ride because of something like this.

Just use your best judgment but anyways ill bet someone will have a spare anyways.

m_mcgranahan

#7 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

You should be able to push the slave into the mounting point and hold firm pressure on it and eventually it will force the fluid back into the rez and you should be good to put in the bolts.

God bless..

Mark

QUOTE (claas900 @ Dec 27 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just use your best judgment but anyways ill bet someone will have a spare anyways.

desertbound

#8 Post by desertbound »

I ended up bleeding the system and it works great now. Luckily nothing was damaged.