Harley Fuel Injector Info

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I stopped by the local Harley Davidson dealer today and found out some interesting information on the fuel injectors we use. The part number everyone is looking for (#27609-01) has been superceeded to the same number with a "B" at the end. There is also a "A" model as well but it too has been superceeded to the "B" number. Has anyone used the "B" injectors yet?

Speed 1B

#2 Post by Speed 1B »

Yeah we ran into this last year. There are actually 3 different injectors if you count the red banded ones a few of us bought off of that guy a year or 2 ago.

With that said, i have a set of the new "B" injectors in the drag bike and they work just fine.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

The red banded ones from last year are the "A" model. I bought a set myself last year. I am going to order a set of the "B" model ones tomorrow.

DARIN RAP

#4 Post by DARIN RAP »

this might be a stupid question but the harley injectors are a direct replacement for the stock cdale ones?

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

Not a direct replacement. They are a higher flow rate. Also require you to shorten your clips that hold them in (not a big deal though). Really only need the Harley Injectors if ported or big bore.

thedeatons

#6 Post by thedeatons »

Have you guys found an injector with more than two holes yet to atomize fuel better?

Can't tell me it doesn't help, Ducati has been increasing injector hole quantities every few years..... No reason Dales should still only have two holes.....

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Harley injectors have 4 holes.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

Well that's better... The last Ducati injector I read about was a few years ago, they had switched to 8 hole injectors....

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

It's hard to get injectors in our flow range with a lot of holes. Timbo tried a set but they were way too much flow. The counter person at the Harley shop claimed the "B" model may actual have a different spray pattern angle as well. I ordered a set today, we will see.

alexw1991

#10 Post by alexw1991 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Apr 1 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to get injectors in our flow range with a lot of holes. Timbo tried a set but they were way too much flow. The counter person at the Harley shop claimed the "B" model may actual have a different spray pattern angle as well. I ordered a set today, we will see.

How much did those injectors run you.