vibrations through the foot pegs...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I have about 20-30 hours on my motor (450 cp, 13:1 compression, timbo balanced crank etc) I can now feel a noticable vibration through the foot pegs at higher rpms. THis problem has is prety recent (last 2 times out riding). Is there a chance that one of the 3 heavy metal plugs slipped out? ANy other likely causes? It is not making any funny noises and no other issues I can tell of.

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Flywheel ready to go.Did you do anything different to your exhaust? or like you said crank.Hope its just flywheel.

m_mcgranahan

#3 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

No changes since it was all put back together 20-30 hrs ago. Just curious, anyone ever have a counter balance slip on the shaft? I don't know if its the flywheel cause it is still running strong, I thought spin flywheel, motor no runny?

God bless...

Mark

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

Highly doubt a heavy metal plug slipped out. Solid welds on those usually. Plus I don't think your engine would be spinning around anymore after that thing bounced around in there.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Its possible but dont recall anyone saying it happened.How about the lower chain roller?If worn you might be feeling chain rubbing frame.

m_mcgranahan

#6 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi Peter,

Yeah I thought the sae thing except there is a chance that one of the magnets I put in might have caught it (that is if it is ferrous metal) ? I don't think those plugs were welded in. They were drilled into the side of one of the webs but not welded in place so far as I could tell.

God bless...

Mark

m_mcgranahan

#7 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

So I swapped out the flywheel and didn't seem to make much difference.

God bless...

Mark

peterock

#8 Post by peterock »

Hmmm, I guess I've only seen the plugs welded in. If it wasn't, then I guess that could be a possibility for sure.....

I would think though that if the it was the motor vibratiing that much that you would feal it through the handlebars as well.

maybe your axle is tweeked or rim tweaked and it's not a motor issue if you only feel it in the foot pegs

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Could be a crankbearing also.

TricityCdale

#10 Post by TricityCdale »

Have you drained the engine oil yet to see if there are significant amounts of metal shavings? I felt a noticeable vibration when the inner race of my stator side crank bearing went...