antifreeze leak out water outlet

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jtracker

#1 Post by jtracker »

Well got the dale all put back together and tried starting it yesterday and fuel pump sounded really weird and it would fire so I switched it out and all was fine. By the way I just got the motor back from timbo.(450 ported stroker) Anyways so I was just riding it around and it stalled and i felt something spray my right leg. Hit the starter and it was shooting out behind the water outlet. Took the outlet off and the left side threads are like turned to mush. Best thing to do is by a helicoil? Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? thanks

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Do you have an aluminum valve cover? If the bolt hole is accessible i would just helocoil it and go. If you have to drop it and you don't have an aluminum cover then get one. If it is aluminum, then that sucks, helocoil it.

jtracker

#3 Post by jtracker »

Yes it has an aluminum valve cover. Don't know why the aluminum was really soft there. Guess ill have to try and helicoil it. I searched and didn't come up with anyone else having this problem either?

Gibson265R

#4 Post by Gibson265R »

Are you talking about the outlet on the case or the inlet on the valve cover? My guess is that someone just over tightened it and striped the threads and it just let go under pressure.

Gibson265R

#5 Post by Gibson265R »

P.S.

I prefer timed serts over the heli-coil

jtracker

#6 Post by jtracker »

the outlet on the case

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Someone probobly just over tightened it at some point. Once they get there then the threads just seem to fall out with the slightest pressure.

Dachshund

#8 Post by Dachshund »

Bad news......the water outlet had bad threads but this is what really happened. I don't even have the guts to tell Justin yet. He is at his girlfriends for the weekend and I would just as soon he have a good weekend. The motor has one warm up to set the idle and make sure all was well on the D@M and one ride about 500 yards long just putting around with 2 or 3 stabs of the throttle and nothing wide open. Valve drop?

Rear:

Dachshund

#9 Post by Dachshund »

Right rear:

Dachshund

#10 Post by Dachshund »

Right side....that is the head oring.