Auto Clutch?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Gibson265R

#11 Post by Gibson265R »

I do want it for sure. Please shoot me an e-mail. My computer is all F'd up so I am unable to send PM's or setup new posts. I also cant view any pictures....but its only on this site. Anyway, send some pics to markcloc@gmail.com and we'll get this deal rolling.

Thanks

Mark

Gibson265R

#12 Post by Gibson265R »

Also, does it have a custom Rekluse cover???

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Reluse did not make covers for the dales.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Sep 30 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI

You should get the YFZ soft spring from Rekluse to run WITH the Cannondale stiff spring with no spacers. This will get the engagement speed at a very reasonable rpm rather than it always pulling with their stock setup.

I would also not recommend trying to run these in sand. The sand (just like mud) will cause the clutch to slip alot and will burn up your plates very fast. Rekluse swears they work in the sand but after testing it out and burning up 2 sets of clutches i said screw it and put the stock clutch back in for dune trips. And I know of alot more peeps that have the same problem in the dunes.

Rekluses were built using a hydrolic clutch case. Because of this the cable clutch case has problems with the rekluse. You MUST remove your cable clutch if you are going to run this. There is no way without modifying a throwout to use the override for the cable clutch. This was a huge problem for me on my racing as I couldn't rev the motor and drop the clutch. I was doing testing for Rekluse on modifying a throwout to the correct depth in hopes of having these for the cable clutches but they didn't help me out on the testing funds. After a couple of sets of clutch plates I gave up and just modified my case.

So what are you talking about with the cable case? I am just finishing up the engine on Karen's quad and have pulled the Rekluse out of the bag. I printed out the instructions online but it says nothing about a cable case or hydro mods. What exactly is the issue with leaving the pushrod in? Are you supposed to remove the rod for the cable case and run without? I didn't see it in the instructions. Everything is kinda vague here. I see the Rekluse throwout only goes down so far in the mainshaft and the cable lever comes almost to the end of its pull before it moves the throwout. So I guess you might have to make the rod longer with another ball?

funmachines

#15 Post by funmachines »

I used my Rekluse with a cable clutch on my X440s before I switched it to a hydro clutch motor. For the cable clutch I needed to use an extra ball and a different clutch lever perch to get the right clutch cable length. I ended up making a custom rod instead and it fit better that way. I still have the clutch perch I used if you want me to see what brand it was. I also used a perch adjuster from Rekluse. It worked pretty good, but it fits better with the hydro clutch motor.

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

I just taked to Rekluse. He recommended using the C200L2 2" wave spring along with the C150L1 1.5" wave spring inside it so they can work together to raise the engagement rpm. I guess the YFZ and the Cannondale use the same springs which would explain why its coming on too soon as the YFZ has a lower idle speed. They are also sending a C150L2 spring to adjust it even higher if needed. They also said the reason for issues with using a stronger spring with the calble clutch case is it doesn't have to overcome the slight extra pressure or drag you get from the hydro clutch which is always pushing ever so slightly due to the small spring inside the hydro slave piston. Hope that makes sense. Funny because I have seen a few hydro cylinders missing the springs so I bet they would have issues as well.

promod

#17 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ May 17 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what are you talking about with the cable case? I am just finishing up the engine on Karens quad and have pulled the rekluse out of the bag. I printed out the instructions online but it says nothing about a cable case or hydro mods. What exactly is the issue with leaving the pushrod in? Are you supposed to remove the rod for the cable case and run without? I didnt see it in the instructions. Everything is kinda vague here. I see the rekluse throwout only goes down so far in the mainshaft and the cable lever comes almost to the end of its pull before it moves the throwout. So I guess you might have to make the rod longer with another ball?

So to bump and re-open this topic!, What was the outcome of this installation and was there different mods that needed to be done when using a Rekluse on a cable clutch case verses a hydro case? And what if you were using the Magura Jack Hydraulic clutch system on a cable case already and then added a Rekluse?

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

So far Karen's Moto works fine now that the engagement rpm is higher than idle. I see no point to leaving the stock push rod or lever on when using the Recluse. When you hit it, it locks up and goes.

promod

#19 Post by promod »

QUOTE (funmachines @ May 29 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used my Rekluse with a cable clutch on my X440s before I switched it to a hydro clutch motor. For the cable clutch I needed to use an extra ball and a different clutch lever perch to get the right clutch cable length. I ended up making a custom rod instead and it fit better that way. I still have the clutch perch I used if you want me to see what brand it was. I also used a perch adjuster from Rekluse. It worked pretty good, but it fits better with the hydro clutch motor.

funmachines biggrin.gif !, I seen you made the above quote on using a Rekluse Auto Clutch on a cable cased engine and you noted you made your own clutch push rod to work with it on the cable case model!, would you mind telling me how you made the longer rod? or how long you made it? or do you still have the modded rod and are you still using it? and if not would you sell it to me? it sounds like you done it right so you could use your stock clutch perch and no extra ball or other mods, any info would be greatly appreciated! i do a lot of woods riding so i want the option to use the clutch overide when needed, also what is the deal on modifying the throwout to make it work or what needs to be done to it for a cable case engine? i have a Revloc Auto on one bike but it is a completly different setup and not a quick change to go back to stock deal if i ever wanted to rolleyes.gif ! Thanx a million!

Or if anyone else has info on this matter please...jump right in!

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

My opinion is that unless you are a A class racer running for $ the autoclutch will be much more trouble than it is worth. Stock only thing you need our stock clutch for is the starts anyway.