Auto Clutch?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

Is there an auto clutch available for Cannondales?

Maybe something like the Rekluse core clutch?
A Rekluse Core Clutch is a new type of clutch system that can be configured in two different operating modes: manual mode or anti-stall mode.

Thanks

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Rekluse makes one. Happyboy has used one a lot. There is someone on here selling slipper clutches also for the dales. Check in the for sale section for those. It was some time ago.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

yup, there is a rekluse but they don't make them for the cannondale anymore. They might make one up custom but i dont' know what that would cost. And the slipper clutch is a completely different beast.

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

Sloot, you looking for a Rekluse? I think I know someone (JayBr) that may be willing to sell one. Brand new, never used. He never said anything about selling it, but I'd be pretty surprised if he was going to use it. If you're interested, I can have him get in touch with you.

Gibson265R

#5 Post by Gibson265R »

im interested in the rekluse...sorry to jump in, but my friend runs one on his LSR YZ450 Hybrid and its the sickest upgrade ever. Try to set me up if SlOoT doesnt get to it first.
Please e-mail me the info markcloc@gmail.com

speed2424

#6 Post by speed2424 »

I have a used rekluse that I can sell AFTER Jay sells his ( if he wants to that is).

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

I do have a brand new one sitting in a box in the barn, at least I remember putting it there a couple years ago wacko.gif

Let me dig it out tomorrow and make sure everything is there.

I'll sell it, but they aren't cheap. From what I recall they where around $499 new, I'll let it go for $450 shipped.

Sloot has first shot at it.

I should probably go through the barn and have a sale, no telling what all I've got. frame, new plastic, etc.

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

I do have the complete new clutch with instructions, decals, and original box, let me know if you want it.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

FYI

You should get the YFZ soft spring from Rekluse to run WITH the Cannondale stiff spring with no spacers. This will get the engagement speed at a very reasonable rpm rather than it always pulling with their stock setup.

I would also not recommend trying to run these in sand. The sand (just like mud) will cause the clutch to slip alot and will burn up your plates very fast. Rekluse swears they work in the sand but after testing it out and burning up 2 sets of clutches I said screw it and put the stock clutch back in for dune trips. And I know of alot more peeps that have the same problem in the dunes.

Rekluses were built using a hydralic clutch case. Because of this the cable clutch case has problems with the Rekluse. You MUST remove your cable clutch if you are going to run this. There is no way without modifying a throwout to use the override for the cable clutch. This was a huge problem for me on my racing as I couldn't rev the motor and drop the clutch. I was doing testing for Rekluse on modifying a throwout to the correct depth in hopes of having these for the cable clutches but they didn't help me out on the testing funds. After a couple of sets of clutch plates I gave up and just modified my case.

SlOoT

#10 Post by SlOoT »

hmmm, the tracks here are all sandy, in the last 3 years we toasted 2 clutches in our KTM's. So I think that Rekluse won't last long.

And $450 is a bit too much for me.

Thanks for the offer, Gibson265R may have it.