Crankcase Vent Update ??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
marceb16

Crankcase Vent Update ??

#1 Post by marceb16 »

I have a 03 Cannibal and I want to do the crankcase vent update to it. Can anyone give me some play by play and some insight about where I can get the need materials? I was told that ????????????????T??????????????????ing the line that runs from the started clutch cover to the spar with the line that runs from a ????????????????T??????????????? under the air box together (and connected to the banjo fitting / oil drain) will fix the problem???????????????.but I am a bit skeptical as the factory call for a bit more, including the use of larger hoses. Some guidance and help on locating the parts need would be great!

southbaymoto

#2 Post by southbaymoto »

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you having an issue?

Dustin
SBM

marceb16

#3 Post by marceb16 »

I am trying to accomplish the revised ATV Crankcase ventilation routing bulletin put out by Cannonade. Without this update the air box takes on case oil. I will try to attach the file???????????????if it does not work pm me your email and I will send it that way.

southbaymoto

#4 Post by southbaymoto »

I would look into a possible deeper issue. When you are getting oil in the air box this usually means your crank plate gasket is not sealing good enough.

I have seen this on multiple occasions. There is a small seal that seperates the crank from the outer case area. If this seal starts to leak it will pressureise the case and blow oil out the breather.

In addition this could mean your crank plate bolts are backing out. If this happens it could mean cretain death for your engine. I would check it out if you have not had an update done to your engine already.

marceb16

#5 Post by marceb16 »

Thanks but currently I do not get any oil in my air box...I am just trying to avoid any future problems by doing any and all updates I can.

Coleridge

#6 Post by Coleridge »

So would you suggest the vent update? I have a 03 cannibal that I have had no problems with (partaining to this). Should I do the vent update or just wait till I have problems or what?

MXMIKE

#7 Post by MXMIKE »

I also have a 02 speed with almost 2 years and no problem with it spiting oil thru the air box.I have the up date but never put it in.What tha dealeo ?biggrin.gif

southbaymoto

#8 Post by southbaymoto »

We have also found that there are gears connecting to your oil pump and scavenger pump that can strip out. If this happens you might have this same issue.

You can check this by removing the outer clutch cover and inspecting them. They are right behind the clutch basket.