port and polish

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
yfzracer111

#1 Post by yfzracer111 »

I'm new to the Dale so I've been reading old posts and everybody seemed to agree that port and polishing is one of the best bang for the buck upgrades. Does anybody on the site still do port and polishing and if so how much? I have some local race shops that have done it for my other bikes but I'm not sure about their knowledge of cannondales.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Timbo, Wistech, and everyone else in that order. tongue.gif

cannondalemaine

#3 Post by cannondalemaine »

I had one engine done by cdsracer (chris) and one by wistech (john), both with great results. Huge power gain in conjunction with boomer or cyclone intake. Not sure what they have on their schedules but maybe you can get ahold of one of them.

mydreamride

#4 Post by mydreamride »

get in touch with either wistech or timbo, both can help and as far as I can recall timbos porting was a little cheaper. I wouldn't reccomend letting your local race shop pot it because a majority of them do it wrong and completely screw the head up to where it can't be fixed to be like it should (seen it first hand a few times)

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

another thing I would add about not having local race shops port these is; there are some other items that should be checked like, sticky buckets, decomps tightened up and how much material you can take out in certain areas

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

Janssen Motorsports will port and polish your head. $499 trail port. $600 race port. I can also have your head ported by crower power in california. Both do a very nice job.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I guess I should have said, Local race shops that are not familar with cannondales

jake

#8 Post by jake »

Porting was HUGE for mine..... so was stroking, but that costs a lot more.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (peterock @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Janssen Motorsports will port and polish your head. $499 trail port. $600 race port. I can also have your head ported by crower power in california. Both do a very nice job.

$600?! And I bet that doesn't include port matching the throttle body or the exhaust. Not to mention custom washers or a new intake.

Tim is so cheap it's really a steal in comparison. $499 for full port including matching of intake and exhaust.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

Yeah, well. Talk to Tim about paying bills. Tim can't keep doing everything just to break even and he knows this and has talked to me about probalby having to raise prices.

And yes, that does include matching the throttle body and exhaust. It also includes some things Tim and other guys don't do on every port job. Yes, they have a head they have cut up and also have a case to match the liner to the head depending on the bore you are running.

The $499 trail port appears to be the same as what Tim charges and compareable work.

Person was looking for options. I provided valid options. Don't come on here bashing someone's work if you have no idea.