please help with my moto 440!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
milloway3114

#1 Post by milloway3114 »

my moto440 has been sitting since december and i went to start it the other daY and its starts and idles fine but every time i give it some throttle it boggs down and sometimes to the point where it completely boggs and shuts off, i hear the fuel pump running when i power it on so i know that is fine. please help me out, i am a new owner. i live on the delaware/maryland border near I-95, i will be willing to pay someone to fix this AND THIS BIKE IS ALSO FOR SALE FOR A GREAT PRICE,MANY MANY MANY extras and the best of everything. clear title. please call me at 443-945-3186 or text , i can send pics

Lightman02

#2 Post by Lightman02 »

QUOTE (milloway3114 @ Mar 4 2010, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my moto440 has been sitting since december and i went to start it the other daY and its starts and idles fine but every time i give it some throttle it boggs down and sometimes to the point where it completely boggs and shuts off, i hear the fuel pump running when i power it on so i know that is fine. please help me out, i am a new owner. i live on the delaware/maryland border near I-95, i will be willing to pay someone to fix this AND THIS BIKE IS ALSO FOR SALE FOR A GREAT PRICE,MANY MANY MANY extras and the best of everything. clear title. please call me at 443-945-3186 or text , i can send pics

Is the battery fully charged and in good condition? I've seen batterys either low on charge or faulty causing this to happen just like you described.

svahle

#3 Post by svahle »

If you haven't already, I'd replace or gut the quick disconnects on the fuel lines. Search this forum for more info on that. Over time the stock set up can restrict flow of fuel and cause this problem. It's a cheap upgrade and may fix this problem. Second, I'd replace the fuel filter. Again, its cheap and may solve the riddle. I suppose a bad or slightly fouled plug could cause this problem so you might change that out also. Question: Did you give it throttle when trying to start it? You may already know this, but don't touch the throttle when starting these fuel injected machines. Good luck.

BTW, what is the sale price?

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Didn't someone just have this same problem? It turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator.

milloway3114

#5 Post by milloway3114 »

the battery was fully charged at the time when i started it, i will try the plug and fuel lines. And I am taking offers, just give me a call. thanks for the replies guys.

cdaleman440

#6 Post by cdaleman440 »

Im in Maryland

zacke22

#7 Post by zacke22 »

Check out my topic in this forum called "Running Issue." Your problem sounds very similar to mine, and alot of people have replied to it, but I haven't had a chance to check all of the possibilities yet.