Trying to get it running once again!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
gc714

#1 Post by gc714 »

Well, my patience has run very thin on this thing. Since a full rebuild i have rode it a two time on my property. It has gone from very hard starting to just cranking.

Today I got it to run briefly with starter fluid. I have gutted the disconnects, new fuel pump, lines, filter etc.

I even hooked up my D&M kit but I have no idea what to do w/ it!

Just spent **** near $3000 in it again & would love to be able to sell or trade it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Greg

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

what did you have done that you spent $3000?

check the compression. what do you have?

kevin444

#3 Post by kevin444 »

;0 3k please list what's been done for that kind of $$...its probably something you over looked, but yeah check the compression.....

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

If it ran with stating fluid it just means your not getting fuel. All the usual suspects such as disconnects, hoses switched at regulator, stuck or plugged injectors, bad fuel pump or way off map or corrupted map. Can you hear the fuel pump run? Good fuel flow? Remove throttle body and look for fuel flow out of both injectors while cranking.

speed2424

#5 Post by speed2424 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 12 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remove throttlebody and look for fuel flow out of both injectors while cranking.

You may want to disconnect the spark plug before doing this. One person did this one time and it caught it on fire.

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (speed2424 @ May 12 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may want to disconnect the spark plug before doing this. One person did this one time and it caught it on fire.

That's a good suggestion! And an easy way to keep a bad experience from getting much worse!

Hwo about the ethanol blended gasolines clogging injector's? I've been a little worried about my 'dale that's sitting with that blended crap in it. I've seen all too well how it will gunk up a carb and I'm thinking our injector's could easily fall victim to that junk. Could explain your problem.

gc714

#7 Post by gc714 »

The OE valve cover corroded & all my coolant drained into the motor. I was using Honda Coolant, I guess it was still evil!!!

I had the whole motor gone thru. Crank w/z400, pist & sleeve, bearings, seals, head job, then I replaced all the hoses, chain, battery, fpr, etc. Shipping for this & that, etc..... I'm sure theres more....

Have new injectors coming from Canniboomer. Hope that fixes it. They are actually the only things left original/untouched.

I think this quad has maybe 50-60 hrs total,

Thanks for all the replies Guys! I will follow up soon!

speedracer

#8 Post by speedracer »

Maybe your engine is hydro-locked,if all the coolant is in the oil,try pulling the plug and crank it,stand back.

gc714

#9 Post by gc714 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ May 13 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe your engine is hydro-locked,if all the coolant is in the oil,try pulling the plug and crank it,stand back.

That was before

gc714

#10 Post by gc714 »

New Injectors installed & she's up and running again!!

Thanks to Canniboomer for the parts and all for the help!!!