Serious motor issues and bad luck...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
1stCdale

#1 Post by 1stCdale »

Hey guys, my name is STEVE...This is my first time posting on here but i hear good things and see great advice. Ok here it goes my issues. I bought my 03' Cannondale Cannibal 440 about a mth ago on craigslist for $1500 and when i looked at it everything seemed good im mechanicly inclined and do most of all my own work but now the bad. The night i bought it it was supposed to snow and it did so me on my cdale and my bro on his ltr450 went out ridding and we were out not even an hr and i was chillen in 4th gear and all the sudden wroo wroo the engine just stopped on me...so the next day i get it to the shop my buddy owns and has 30 yrs exp tares it down and my oil sump gears are broken due to screws backing out in the case, my crank bearings are fried, piston seized, top end is shot and now im stuck with either a 3000 dollar bill to have him fix it or i kneel before you guys that seem to come across these issues all the time. i have no problem paying for the parts to fix it but i dont trust him doing it and hearing some of u guys i feel more secure and willing to trust u guys on here and seems that u guys help ppl in these situations. all i wanna do is KEEP MY CDALE GOING AND KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE...if any of u can help me out i live in pa out towards philly and would be in great debit to anyone that can help me get this back together, running, reliable and ready for a TRIP to TREVORTON, PA.

PLEASE HELP I LUV THIS QUAD AND DONT WANNA JUST PART IT OUT TO RECOUP MY MONEY I WANT THIS QUAD SO I CAN SPANK MY BRO AND OUR FRIENDS...PLEZ HELP

proflow

#2 Post by proflow »

If you're in PA I'd see if Timbo could build you a strong engine.
You wont regret it.

Proflow

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Well for sure you will be kneeling when you pay $3000 to fix it up by Joe 30 years and then have to have it fixed right after it blows chunks from his neglecting to do the R@D updates.
Same old story . Updated stock engines can be had for around $1800. Mega motors $2000 to $3500 depending on the insanity .
Id say since you live in PA Timbomoose would be the best bet to get it inspected and find out what needs to be done .
Some of us can help out if Tim is too busy but give him a call first and leave a message.

1stCdale

#4 Post by 1stCdale »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Feb 22 2011, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well for sure you will be kneeling when you pay $3000 to fix it up by Joe 30 years and then have to have it fixed right after it blows chunks from his neglecting to do the R@D updates.
Same old story . Updated stock engines can be had for around $1800. Mega motors $2000 to $3500 depending on the insanity .
Id say since you live in PA Timbomoose would be the best bet to get it inspected and find out what needs to be done .
Some of us can help out if Tim is too busy but give him a call first and leave a message.

thanks guys yeah i seen that Timbo lived in pa and he helped that dad that wanted more reliability how do i email him im kinda new on here...

1stCdale

#5 Post by 1stCdale »

Im deff not dumb when it comes to working on quads or bikes or cars...but this was a crazy machine ive never seen and very advanced...so i thought id leave it up to the pros but any other help with updates or parts would be greatly appriciated...im looking for some more upgrades i can do with it like nerf bars, extended axle, tag style bars, extended a-arms and axel, and the obvious motor issues and updates....any help or suggestions would be appriciated, thanks Steve

pcleiter

#6 Post by pcleiter »

Sounds like you got 'the works' going on there...

Get with a few of the regular, knowledgeable, and generous posters on this board who work on the bikes (canniboomer, cannondale27, timbomoose to name a few) and get their input. You can get to them via the messaging section of the board.

Download, print, read & love these manuals: http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/index.shtml.

Not sure what you're looking at cost-wise, but take care of the essentials first, including all of the internal updates, before you start hanging the bling on the bike. Sounds like you're going to have to get right down to the basics, so there's no reason to not build it back up to perfection. You might be able to save a bit being mechanically inclined yourself, that is always a plus.

Good luck!

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

After you get the engine out FLUSH YOUR FRAME or you risk trashing your rebuilt engine when its re-installed.Talk to kdeal about getting some magnets to catch any left over debris.

1stCdale

#8 Post by 1stCdale »

Can anyone get me in touch with timbomoose? Or can anyone give me his number bc I'm ready to get my motor on the ball bc it's deff not doing me any good sitting in this Box!!! Or I can even give whoever my number to give to him to call me. Please I'm in need and he hasn't been on to answer my email to him.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

1-814-796-6667

mikecancu812

#10 Post by mikecancu812 »

Got mine back from Tim. Definitely recommend him cause he fixes them right and it will be cheaper than what your buddy will fix it for. Plus he has seen every problem on Cannondales and knows what to look for. Best decision I've ever made sending mine to him