SKF crank bearing part numbers

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

I was asked to post these and here they are
flywheel side bearing NJ 205 ECP/C3
cam chain side NJ 305 ECP/C3

oldnbroken

#2 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 24 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was asked to post these and here they are
flywheel side bearing NJ 205 ECP/C3
cam chain side NJ 305 ECP/C3

Do you have a supplier for these? I have a local bearing warehouse, maybe I'll check with them.

Thanks

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

I thought the 205 skf where failing?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

If you ride.Different bearing?Timbo is where you go for answers to questions like this.DONT TRUST BS LIKE THIS!

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 28 2011, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you ride.Different bearing?Timbo is where you go for answers to questions like this.DONT TRUST BS LIKE THIS!

Its funny him and I where just talking about this the other day, the stock ones where/are the best. But he was saying theres no more stock brand 205s. So I think at this point take what you can get.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

The bearing is a direct replacement..... UNFORTUNATELY, the performance is not the same due to one of several issues. I am not sure on each bearing set, but most have rollers that are too small and end up failing in the long run. Others have had clearance issues. I do have an idea for you. You can borrow the transmission output bearing in the case (same 205 bearing) and use it for your "new" crank bearing. Then take the aftermarket bearing and use it for the trans bearing. The trans bearing takes no where near the beating that the crank bearing does.

In my opinion the stock OEM Cannondale bearing is probably marginal as well but better. I base this on the reasoning that the big motors can cause this bearing to go bad as well. I think we need to find a better bearing, even if it requires machining of the case. The factory bearing is available by special order from Timken if you buy 500 minimum pieces!!!

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Dec 28 2011, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bearing is a direct replacement..... UNFORTUNATELY, the performance is not the same due to one of several issues. I am not sure on each bearing set, but most have rollers that are too small and end up failing in the long run. Others have had clearance issues. I do have an idea for you. You can borrow the transmission output bearing in the case (same 205 bearing) and use it for your "new" crank bearing. Then take the aftermarket bearing and use it for the trans bearing. The trans bearing takes no where near the beating that the crank bearing does.

In my opinion the stock OEM Cannondale bearing is probably marginal as well but better. I base this on the reasoning that the big motors can cause this bearing to go bad as well. I think we need to find a better bearing, even if it requires machining of the case. The factory bearing is available by special order from Timken if you buy 500 minimum pieces!!!

I've never lost a 205 bearing no matter the brand, but have lost a few 305 of brand other then stock. I have yet to lose a stock 305. If theres something proven better then stock I'm game for it. I think KTMs even use SKF 205 so who knows. I thought the fastory bearing was torrington? Sorry its been a wile i'm not sure??

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

There is no reason to use anything other than the factory 305 bearing as they are still plentiful. (yes they were all Torrington, now Timken). The smaller bearing has been the issue in several motors. MOSTLY the smaller roller bearings.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Here is a pic of a URB brand bearing that was sent to me today. It ran for most of the summer before spalling. I have not heard of anyone using what looks like a brass or sintered caged bearing before. Has anyone had experience with these ? I guess it was a cost saving adventure. Still waiting on the part number or specs sheets on this one.

Bvcracingcdale

#10 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

Another

Keep in mind bearing was in tact. I broke cage apart to inspect

3 months of hard riding oil changed every ride and inner race messed up?