cannondale not moving

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ry415

#1 Post by ry415 »

Hey guys almost done getting her all back together running great but first time i tried to drive it today and it wont move. Every gear is like neutral the clutch is fairly new. I'm wondering if I bleed the clutch wrong or if the engine builder didn't install something properly?

Thanks,
Ryan

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

A common issue is letting the last steel plate fall out of the clutch hub when installing the clutch . Pop the cover off and reinstall the last plate.

ry415

#3 Post by ry415 »

thats good...could it be the clutch oil? im using a universal brake and clutch dot 5 synthetic sae j1704?
does walmart carry anything we can use?

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Well do not under any circumstances use BRAKE fluid in a magura. It needs mineral oil or magura blood. I know putting mineral oil in a brake fluid clutch will ruin it in a hour. I dont know how an oil clutch can survive brake fluid . Just change it asap back to the oil.
You can get mineral oil at the phamacy .

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

Do what Wistech said first. Even with no clutch levering at all, the machine will still shift into 1st or 2nd and would at least "jerk" and move -- IFF the clutch plates and pressure plate were installed OK....something is wrong in there.

Hmmm as for that fluid?...don't know, but normal dot5 brake fluid will ruin your precious Magura, which requires a mineral oil based fluid -- a KTM dealer will have the best stuff for your Magura.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Magura's will have what is to be used cast right in the cover. Magura did use both fluids but only mineral oil in the dales.

ry415

#7 Post by ry415 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 9 2011, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Magura's will have what is to be used cast right in the cover. Magura did use both fluids but only mineral oil in the dales.

Yes it does lucky I have a spare. got some mineral oil, removed the magura end from the sprocket side... is it ok for gear oil to be present?

Got some mineral oil trying to bleed now so far no luck.

2000ex

#8 Post by 2000ex »

Might be missing the steel ball inside the pushrod.

ry415

#9 Post by ry415 »

Thanks for all the help used mineral oil and now she runs perfect. I can't believe how hard 4th gear hits in these things.