Can somebody press apart a couple of cranks for eval?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
rayspeed

#1 Post by rayspeed »

I have a couple of cranks that I may need pressed apart for a quick independent evaluation. One I bought from c32 who thought it was rebuildable but from looking at the discoloring on the big end and the side to side slop along with the small end looking not too good I would have to say it was probably too far gone from the get go but inadequate packing did a bit of a number on the rest of the crank too. He has offered my money back if it is all junk so there will be no harm no foul but he asked for an independant eval which is fair.
I have two others but I am a bit torn on sending them...
One is updated and low hour... only suffered a broken wrist pin and the rod apears straight. I am contimplating just using that agian as is.
The other one is updated and low hour and should be perfect on the bottom but the rod is slightly bent from a dropped valve. I am considering pressing that one back as straight as possible and use it for a stock spare motor build from a pile of second rate parts I have laying around. Just not sure if I should give that a go with it on the crank or if it would be better off the crank. It would be interesting to see how long it lasts with all second rate parts... you know the parts that are too good to throw away but you would not use them in a performance build!

Let me know what you think!