Fuel pump making strange noise..

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Sandstorm

Fuel pump making strange noise..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

My problem free Dale luck just ran out.. My fuel pump is making a screeching noise after I attempt to start the quad and it doesn't start. I then hear the fuel pump make a strange screeching noise that last about 2 seconds. My Dale is missing ever since I put my new full BG exhaust on and is much harder to get it to start and sometimes it won't start... My mapping is gonna be switched this week. Is the pipe affecting starting and backfiring because I need my mapping adjusted. I have no exhaust leaks. The fuel pump noise has got me baffled.. Any help would be appreciated... Fuel filter looks decent. Would this be the culprit? I did take my tank off and disconnected both fuel line quick connects to install the pipe. Quad ran fine before I put the pipe on..

TricityCdale

#2 Post by TricityCdale »

Usually that screeching sound is because it is not getting any fuel. Since you removed your tank, I would suspect an oring problem. I would probably replace the fuel filter and re-check all of your fuel connections.

As far as the popping and hard starting goes, it could very well be the pipe. They flow much better. Get it remapped and see if it is still doing it. BTW, the Motospeed map is VERY stout. You will notice a huge difference in power when you get it done.

I don't think you have any major problems, you should be up and running in no time.

Good luck.

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

Can I get it remapped if my o rings are bad?? I have it scheduled for tuesday to be remapped and then I found this problem.. Thanks for your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Okay found out that the quick connect up in the front of the tank was not seated properly. Hope my fuel pump isn't damaged..

TricityCdale

#5 Post by TricityCdale »

Glad to see you got it going again. You shouldn't have damaged the pump if you didn't run it like that forever.

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

also if you havnt remapped it, you better, cause it will cause motor life to shorten, cause the new pipe will flow better and lean the engine making it run crappy and damage your motor eventually, if you cant decide on a map, get the moto/speed map, or get a plain moto map, hope this helps.:drink:

acarli3

#7 Post by acarli3 »

I also put the BG system on my Glamis and had my bike remapped to the MOTO map but it runs worse now than with the stock pipe and map. It cuts out occassionally while running at 2/3 RPM, hesitates when you first start it and try to take off in first, and backfires loudly on deaccelaration. What's the problem?

DirtDragon

#8 Post by DirtDragon »

You need to bump up the injector offset. Mine was at .8 and I changed it to 1.0 - Made a huge difference. It should not backfire on letoff.

Coleridge

#9 Post by Coleridge »

Thanks Tricity...

I just added a FMF pipe to my 03 cannibal, changed the fuel filt & heared the same screaching noise. Know what to look for!

Man this is a great site:clap: