E3 make a plug for the dale?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a high performance sprak plug for my dale. Does E3 or some other company make plugs that will make a power difference?

Thanks,

God bless...
Mark

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

I was wondering the same thing.The E3 is said to burn fuel more throughly.Please post what you find.

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

Just stick with the NGK.

jacobw

#4 Post by jacobw »

I run them in my motorcycle and they burn alot better then the ngk i had....hotter plug much cleaner burn

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

Stick with the NGK

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

E3 does make a plug that fits a Dale. I put one in my stroker quad. It's i believe the 3.38 model but don't quote me on it. Noticeably faster starts when cold but haven't ridden due to recovery process from shoulder surgery. Planning on riding it next week one day and can tell a little more about it then.

who_gives_a6

#7 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Got to ride for the first time with the E3 and the first time since shoulder surgery in February today. Didn't do too much, but enough to get a feel for it all.

The model is the 3.38. I couldn't tell a difference from seat of the pants feel, but I haven't ridden lately so who knows. What I did notice was two things that have sold me on them. First is the much faster starts hot or cold, especially hot. Second is that when starting the engine sounds like it's turning way faster than with the NGK. It did not start doing that until i actually rode it. In the garage it seemed the same, so maybe that was the plug getting rid of the carbon build up in the head, I don't know. Now it cranks super fast at all times and immediately fires.

I put one in my wife's CRF250 with the same results. No noticeable power increase, but became much easier for her to start. She's small and sometimes has trouble firing it but not now. Well worth buying. They're also only $10 shipped on Ebay a piece. For the long run, I'll have to wait and see, but so far I'm very pleased.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Stick with the NGK

exotic rider

#9 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ May 16 2012, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got to ride for the first time with the E3 and the first time since shoulder surgery in February today. Didn't do too much, but enough to get a feel for it all.

The model is the 3.38. I couldn't tell a difference from seat of the pants feel, but I haven't ridden lately so who knows. What I did notice was two things that have sold me on them. First is the much faster starts hot or cold, especially hot. Second is that when starting the engine sounds like it's turning way faster than with the NGK. It did not start doing that until i actually rode it. In the garage it seemed the same, so maybe that was the plug getting rid of the carbon build up in the head, I don't know. Now it cranks super fast at all times and immediately fires.

I put one in my wife's CRF250 with the same results. No noticeable power increase, but became much easier for her to start. She's small and sometimes has trouble firing it but not now. Well worth buying. They're also only $10 shipped on Ebay a piece. For the long run, I'll have to wait and see, but so far I'm very pleased.

I will have to try that out,I have friends running them in there mx bikes with good reults but for the ease of starting itsounds like it may be worth a shot,has anyone tried ngk irridum plugs? they are expensive but no more than the listed price for the e3.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

If you own a Cannondale that doesnt start instantly or has a power issue you have a problem with tuning or a mechanical issue. Bad decomp, weak coil , worn engine, worn fouled plug ,valve adjustment , cam degreeing,ect. Iridium and platninum plugs were designed to extend electrode life so you can run 100,000 miles.