400ex spindles and a-arms?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I have been using 400ex a-arms for several years now. I used a set of taper adapters and used my stock c-dale spindles etc I am wanting to use the 400ex spindles (I was told they give a little better geometery with 400ex a-arms) DO the c-dale brake calipers, rotors and front hubs work with the 400ex spindles?

THanks,

GOd bless...
Mark

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

NO

WhiteZee

#3 Post by WhiteZee »

Get the 400ex spindles and use yfz450 calipers, I was told by my 400ex friend that they bolt right up. I would think the increased braking power of the yfz calipers would be even more noticeable then the spindle geometry. Cdale front brakes are terrible.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

I'm pretty sure you can't use the cdale brakes like wistech said. But i would definitely use the yfz brakes over the 400ex. And yes they are a direct replacement.

However, i have to disagree that the stock cdale brakes suck. The only time mine were considered subpar, was when i didn't have them bled correctly.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Yes there must be something wrong with your brakes if they dont stop you with just one finger on the lever. Use stock pads, bleed the air out , check for stuck pistons or pins. Make sure the wheel bearings are not shot.

WhiteZee

#6 Post by WhiteZee »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jun 1 2012, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes there must be something wrong with your brakes if they dont stop you with just one finger on the lever. Use stock pads, bleed the air out , check for stuck pistons or pins. Make sure the wheel bearings are not shot.

I know when I rode nraths dale the first thing I noticed was the front brakes. Then after he rode our jap quads I'm pretty sure the first thing he said was how good the front brakes were on our quads.

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

QUOTE (WhiteZee @ Jun 3 2012, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know when I rode nraths dale the first thing I noticed was the front brakes. Then after he rode our jap quads I'm pretty sure the first thing he said was how good the front brakes were on our quads.

i had a yfz also at one time and i can tell you my cdale brakes were just as good....cdale brakes sometimes dont get bled all the way and are a pain to bleed