Brisk Spark Plugs?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
marshall100

#1 Post by marshall100 »

I've been using Denso U24ETR plugs for a while now with alot of success, my bike would always foul the NGK equivilant, the denso's less so. While searching on ebay recently for another Denso plug after a service, the Brisk AR12ZS was thrown out as an alternative. Anyone ever given them a go? technology looks quite interesting from a standard plug and I'm certain that the reason the Denso fouls alot less in my bike because it has a twin electrode.

Thoughts?

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

The NGK CR9EK has a twin ground electrode also. You're AFR must be off as I've never fouled a CR9EK plug on my dyno tuned motor.

marshall100

#3 Post by marshall100 »

Hmmmm, very possible, I could have sworn the centre electrode on the NGK was incredibly fine the result of which meant I was fouling them all the time. Though that was a few years ago.....I'd found the denso's worked so well I'd stuck with them.

speedfreek

#4 Post by speedfreek »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Jun 9 2012, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been using Denso U24ETR plugs for a while now with alot of success, my bike would always foul the NGK equivilant, the denso's less so. While searching on ebay recently for another Denso plug after a service, the Brisk AR12ZS was thrown out as an alternative. Anyone ever given them a go? technology looks quite interesting from a standard plug and I'm certain that the reason the Denso fouls alot less in my bike because it has a twin electrode.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Jun 9 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The NGK CR9EK has a twin ground electrode also. You're AFR must be off as I've never fouled a CR9EK plug on my dyno tuned motor.
I don/t want to hyjack the thread but I was wondering where you have your dyno work done.

marshall100

#5 Post by marshall100 »

Being in the UK, dyno work on my dale just isn't going to happen. You experiment with different things and stick to what works best. I was just curious if anyone had tried them. the Iridium NGK's last next to no time because that centre electrode is so fine.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

An ngk cr8ek is what you should be using in a cannondale . If your quad is tuned correctly and doesnt have some mechanical issue they will never foul and should last the life of these engines. Using these weird plugs is just masking a basic issue.

marshall100

#7 Post by marshall100 »

I thought the oil pump leaked oil into the chamber if the bike was left parked for a while? I don't use my bike every week and when I was using the NGK's, after a prolonged period of standing they would foul. Without fail. The Denso U24ETR is an exact match for the CR8EK so I've been using them for well over two years and even after the recent rebuild on my engine I see no reason to stop.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

meh, if the plug works then use it. It may burn hotter which burns up the extra fuel you are dumping in. Will this hurt anything? Probably not, you would just loose a little performance compared to being tuned right.

ry415

#9 Post by ry415 »

the online manual says cr10ek i could have sworn my manual at home says cr9ek for the moto but not sure. Do we use a different plug for a moto?

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

same plug..