Not starting after rebuild! help!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
aguita

#1 Post by aguita »

So i changed the crank and installed a 450cc kit, I tried to start the engine and no luck I pull started and it runs but I give some throttle and will die.. It wont start by the switch only push started.

I have spark
fuel into the tank
new fuel pump
checked reg

I also have a new etc but it has stamped with marker atk atv mx, I dont know if this ecu will work for me, since I try to connect and Im getting the error 125...

What else I should check?

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Reversed fuel regulator lines/loose ground on frame at the regulator? I had similar symptoms once and turned out to be both those things after a rebuild. Impossible to start by starter but when pushed it would run for a short bit. Dead upon throttle.

If good then from what it sounds, you haven't tuned it. Going to a 450 from 432 will require a throttle recal, remap, etc. That would definitely be a big possibility as well. Before you keep trying to start it, get the ecu setup for what you have, throttle recall, etc.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

Hopefully you are not using the stock air box because the next thing that I would check would be to make sure both injectors are working by looking down at them while cranking. I have had one stick after a rebuild and give the same symptoms... Did you do the throttle cal and sure that you got that right?