Project Maximus

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

The software is free . you can download off of the web site. http://ecotrons.com/support.html

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

Nice.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

ball park $?

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

I think the Can-am DS 450 runs a 50 mm throttle body with an injector from an 800cc(green).

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

This is a one off custom system for proof of concept ,not to sell. For a regular kit for a small engine is about $500 but that includes a lot of stuff we wouldnt need. Fuel pump ,and throttle body 2 of the biggest. I opted for a new 50mm throttle body but now I see you could use any throttle body off any vehicle from a junk yard for nearly nothing.
I am starting from scratch and building it from engine up.
Engine plans are a nitrous/turbo capable, dual exhausted with o2 sensor ports on both headpipes. Worry free mud/ waterproof intake. Must be able to hold enough fuel to make the run out to choke cherry from the BLM parking lot at St anthonies as well as a 70 mile trail riding range. Thats including 5 minutes of nitrous which is a pretty big tank .
I will be resurecting my speed. The 54horse 478 will be coming out and going on the shelf. The quad will get a ground up resto converted to a moto front end with fox floats,swingarm extended 2-3 inches so its still fully usable for all riding.
I am still doing some home remodeling so time is going to make this a long duration project. If anyone else wants to do some prototyping on this concept drop me a line .

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

I have a +2 swingarm that I never installed,made by a member.Will let go dirt cheap.Gonna get the frame polished or pc?

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Speed you have a PM . It looks like this projects is not going to start in earnest for a little while yet. The married life and associated things to do projects just got out of hand (again) so the toys have to wait .

m_mcgranahan

#18 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Nov 17 2012, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speed you have a PM . It looks like this projects is not going to start in earnest for a little while yet. The married life and associated things to do projects just got out of hand (again) so the toys have to wait .

I just gotta ask, where Are your wife's priorities!!! ;-) I think we all have to face this reality from time to time. I am looking forward t how it works.

Thanks

God bless...
Mark

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

Well rebuilding her car and buying jet ski's was pretty devastating for me. Mostly in time as well as money. We spent a little more than a $1000 in fuel the last few months of summer riding every other day. Being 2 blocks from the boat landing and hot days makes it easy to ditch work. Then she wanted the first floor of the house pretty much restored so we can host thanksgiving for all the kids and grandkids. So many gallons of paint and a truckload of wood later I have been released . Now the shop is a disaster area which is a least a weeks work to organize.
Its hard to say no to doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAmJn_nWncg

MX Quad Dad

#20 Post by MX Quad Dad »

She didn't make you take all the cannondale parts..............ummm............nic nacs out of the living room, did she?