Replacing One Way Bearing without removing head?????

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
PAdalerider

#1 Post by PAdalerider »

Hey guys. A while back claas900 wrote this

"In the past, well one time I have been able to get to it with out pulling the head, I was able to sneak it past the crank, by just pulling the crank plate. but you have to make sure you mark the gears because you can see the dots to line it back up. Also you cant put it back in as one piece. Lay the motor on its side and put in the starter gear then the balancer. It does take some wiggle and jiggle."

Does this sound realistic?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Id never bother but it sounds interesting.

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

I've only done it one time. If it is your first time into the motor I wouldn't do it. Who knows I may have been lucky with that crank and it was cast just a little different and let the balancer pass? Who knows. No harm in trying it tho.

PAdalerider

#4 Post by PAdalerider »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Oct 30 2012, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've only done it one time. If it is your first time into the motor I wouldn't do it. Who knows I may have been lucky with that crank and it was cast just a little different and let the balancer pass? Who knows. No harm in trying it tho.

It would be the second time into the motor for my mechanic. If I can get some more information on it my mechanic is willing to try it.

thanks

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Good luck!