HMF Support

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
NRath

#1 Post by NRath »

is dwindling. Unfortunately...

I have a couple of them, one is painted yellow. The paint is looking bad, so I was going to use their repack/shell replacement service (only $55!) to freshen it up. Got a call yesterday that all they had left was white and blue shells. And, more importantly, they pitched the fixtures so they can't make any more. So, it's coming back with fresh packing and a new HMF badge for $35.

Bummer. But not the first time we've heard this.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Quadracer500 and his son both went to HMF a while back and they redid everything for them in person, but no PC paint. My suggestion is to take the old shell next time and drill out the rivets, take it apart and PC it yourself, then send them the parts to rebuild and repack. I was going to go by there this year on the way to the ride myself. I have 2 as well, a black one and a brushed aluminum one. The shell and the front pipe are critical to being able to rebuild these. I would imagine they could eyeball welding the brackets on a new shell, but the rear pipe setup is a must to have.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

The HMF on my Honda was done by a local guy and then we repacked it and used SS rivets on it which they recommend. If you don't have a PC guy, let me know.