Replacing fuel inj lines??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Bvcracingcdale

#1 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

Outer casing on my hoses/ lines are looking iffy

What do you recommend? Also for clamps use oem style or good stainless hose clamp?

Rally2

#2 Post by Rally2 »

Canniboomer has upgraded material / high flow fuel line kits available; I did this on my ATK/dale along with his quick connect/isolation valves to get around the issue of swelled o-rings in the stock quick-connects restricting fuel flow.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Black Widow ATV has tons of the factory stuff if you want it. Cheap too. Regular 1/4" fuel injection line can be used from automotive shops but the wall thickness is much greater and you will have to proceed without the outer layer of insulation material. A few of us have actually went with #4 stainless steel braided Teflon lines made for brake applications. Be careful with this stuff as it will cut you up and you should wrap it with something that won't rub a hole thru the frame somewhere. I used Otekers to put it all together.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

mmmm well reconsider?... huh.gif
If you cannot slip the OEM firesleeve over 1/4" injection hose?, well just try a bit harder, and the results are so well worth it. Even trimming used sleeve up to an inch from the harder discolored ends makes it easy. In fact, you can inch-worm it by HAND, or with an air pulsing trick, to go over 5/16" fuel injection hose (see pic), as I routinely do for the 5/16" highflow inlet to the E440 pump. And for the ATV fuel rail?... all THREE hose sections of 1/4" EFI can and should be fire-sleeved, and a simple and sensible re-route of the 3rd section enables plenty of space for that. The stock fuel line for the Cannondale SHOULD be dirt cheap, but really belongs elsewhere -- it's merely oil hose and carb hose 30R7, or some was 30R3. Had Cannondale stayed in business?, they would have probably recalled it from the fueling applications.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Mr.Boomer,is that a catch can on the dirtbike?I could use one of those on my Can-am,had a cap welded on the rad and have been looking for a over-flow like that.Thanks.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep that's a high temp overflow with a sealed inlet and outlet. If you have a Rad Cap at xx lbs of pressure and an overflow nipple, then yes you can route the overflow to any rezzy like this, and the same overflowed coolant should suck back in during cooldown. Send any email pics of your mount location and tube length to that etc., and I probably have something suitable.