regulator makes a squilling noise

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
j2004jeepwrangler

#11 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Thanks guys. The fuel pump is pretty quite. The only other noise the pump makes is when there is no fuel in the tank for lines. It sounds like a electric rc motor. Tell it fills with fuel. But the sqilling noise comes from the regulator. My orginal regulator did the some thing. Before it stopped flowing competly. Thank you guys for the help

j2004jeepwrangler

#12 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Hey wistech. What type of adjustable regulator did you use? My brother has one on his car that is adjustable . From 60 all the way down to 5 psi I might still it.

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

It was just a cheap adjustable one you can get off ebay. They were like $25 back in the day. Just needs to be a flow through one with a return. If you just need a regulator I can send one out have piles of them. Kind of odd .I cant say I have ever heard of a regulator going bad. Might have a piece of junk in the valve.

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Just a thought and what I would try. Empty the fuel tank, drain the fuel lines, change filter and clean screens (tank and regulater) and use fuel from a differant sorce (clean can and fresh from differant gas station).

I have had a couple incedents where the problem was bad fuel. one was on a small engine where the owner said it just quit and after checking all the normal stuff multiple times (spark, compression, fuel, timming etc.) and a little hair pulling I decided for some reason to check the gas which smelt and looked like gas but for some reason would not burn and the same from gas from the can he used to fill it. complete drain and fuel from a new sorce and it ran fine. this was a five minuit fix that took way longer because the gas looked and smelt OK.

Also don't just visually check the screens. I use spay cleaner and blow air thru them to be sure they are clean.

j2004jeepwrangler

#15 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

I never thought of that. All the dirt bikes seem to keep fouling plugs. The cr500 has a new top end and still fouled a plug withen minutes of ridding I went thru the carbs checking the float level, all of it good. But I still think my psi is to high.

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I'm not sure but, if the screen on the regultor is coated or has any fluid that won't flow thru it, your psi will go up