regulator makes a squilling noise

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
j2004jeepwrangler

#1 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Like the title says. When I first turn the key switch on the regulator will squil/whine then it finally stops. Mu fuel flow slowly comes out into the tank. Now when I ride the quad it fills fine, except when you try to hole shot. It will bogg down. But if you don't get into is as hard its fine. Could my systoms of the bogg be cause of my regulator starting to fail? On a side note my vavuum line isn't hooked up to it. I really don't know what that does if anything.

werty

#2 Post by werty »

QUOTE (j2004jeepwrangler @ Apr 26 2013, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like the title says. When I first turn the key switch on the regulator will squil/whine then it finally stops. Mu fuel flow slowly comes out into the tank. Now when I ride the quad it fills fine, except when you try to hole shot. It will bogg down. But if you don't get into is as hard its fine. Could my systoms of the bogg be cause of my regulator starting to fail? On a side note my vavuum line isn't hooked up to it. I really don't know what that does if anything.

I don't even have the vacuum connected. Sounds like the regulator is dieing. When you holeshot you are dumping a ton
Fuel into the motor. If there is no pressure the motor will bog. Call Brad or Dave. They should have some in stock.

j2004jeepwrangler

#3 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

QUOTE (werty @ Apr 26 2013, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even have the vacuum connected. Sounds like the regulator is dieing. When you holeshot you are dumping a ton
Fuel into the motor. If there is no pressure the motor will bog. Call Brad or Dave. They should have some in stock. Ok I hope thats my problem. I leaned out the bike and its not quite as bad. But I don't wanna risk going leaner.

Rally2

#4 Post by Rally2 »

I've replaced my quick connects with 'boomer connects and separate isolation valves. You're describing the exact sound my fuel pump makes when I accidentally turn on ignition without opening the suction line isolation valve. The pump starves for fuel and immediately cavitates/squeals and sounds generally very unhappy. I burned out a pump that way so be careful if it's a restriction on the suction side. Just a thought but maybe your suction line is plugged or the quick connect o-ring has swelled shut?

j2004jeepwrangler

#5 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

I don't have the quick connects any more. I have a hose barbs on the tank. And fuel filter is new. Like 30 minutes new.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Check the screen in the fuel tank suction hose for plugging. The regulator has a snap ring on the bottom to remove and clean the screen if it has debris in it. If it does then the injectors might need new filters as well.

j2004jeepwrangler

#7 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

Ill check the gas tank screen. Alread checked the screen in the regulator it was clean. I tried another fuel filter, and it flowed a lot better back to normal but then acted clogged again.

j2004jeepwrangler

#8 Post by j2004jeepwrangler »

I checked my fuel psi. And it was around 59 to 60.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

That is too high. Should be 1 bar, which is about 42psi. I would change the regulator. Please make sure the noise is not coming from the fuel pump though.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

When we were using adjustable regulators on the dyno 60psi was about the limit before the injectors wouldnt fire any more. You should be drowning the engine in fuel even at 50 psi.