Shut off n just cranks.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ShifT714

#1 Post by ShifT714 »

Raced redbud yesterday. Came up a little short on a jump.. Rode about 20 more feet and it died. Now it just cranks. It'll sputter after cranking for a few minutes but never catches. I have spark and compression. Fuel pump is work but not sure if the injectors are pumping fuel into the cylinder. Ideas?

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

.... probably a slipped flywheel, first thing to check anyway. If you rev the axle faster than ground speed during a jump, and land with the lever out, there is a high risk of that weak cdale flywheel spinning on itself.

ShifT714

#3 Post by ShifT714 »

Checked... Flywheels still attached and I still have spark.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

will stil have spark with spun flywheeel, need to check if the "C" lines up with the keyway. and maybe even pull the flywheel to check the keyway also

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

If you have anything other than the stock air box you might want to check the boot from the throttle body to the head... a jolt like that could have knocked it off or cracked it.

ShifT714

#6 Post by ShifT714 »

I have a boomer intake but the intake boot looks good from what I can see. Doesn't move around much at all and no rips.

ShifT714

#7 Post by ShifT714 »

Anybody? Checked the flywheel. I have good spark and compression. Fuel pump is working but I don't think the injectors are firing? I'm still new to dales... Where to start?

SlOoT

#8 Post by SlOoT »

Remove throttle body and try to start it by tapping the start button. You should see the injectors firing.

If not then check the connectors on the injectors.

It could also be an ECU related problem (since it did get a shock from the jump)