Fuel pump keeps seizing.

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
haulinit

#1 Post by haulinit »

Since I have built this motor (which has maybe 5 hours on it) I have went thru 2 fuel pumps, It is currently being ran on E85. I purchased a new fuel pump from one of the site vendors after the old one locked up solid and the second one only lasted about an hour. I tried shocking it loose with 24v and all the other tricks I could think of. I sent it back to the vendor, I get a report back that they shot some compressed air thru it and it took back off and that they were sending it back (which I also tried). I received the pump went to put it back on the machine it is locked up again...GRRRR! After some tinkering It took back off, now after sitting for a few minutes after shutting the motor off it will lock up again and I have to thump it with my hand to get it to take off. Has anybody had issues like this with these stock pumps.

I have talked to another local member that is running E85 also, he said that he hasn't had one issue.

SlOoT

#2 Post by SlOoT »

Are you using the stock fuel tank dissconnects?

If so, you should remove all the internal parts of the stock fueltank disconnects. The internal o-rings swell and the fuel pump can't
get enough fuel and will break.

haulinit

#3 Post by haulinit »

nope, high flow quick connects.

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

My pump was acting similar,randomly working.I cleaned the connections as they were alittle rusty,worked great since.

SlOoT

#5 Post by SlOoT »

I did have the same issue you have with one quad. I replaced the pump (used one) and that one died in a few minutes. If I tapped the pump it would work again.
Then I replaced it again with another one and the problem was gone.

haulinit

#6 Post by haulinit »

I went out today to see if it was still working, when I came in last night it was still working as it should. As I figured this morning it was locked up again and I beat on it to no avail. This pump was a brand new one, only has an hour of run time on it. I guess I'm a little grumpy at the thought of having to pay over a $100 for a new pump already. All the connectors are either new or are clean.