Crank Vent

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
fast moto

#1 Post by fast moto »

Every time i go to the dunes i come back and notice a little oil has sprayed onto the air filter, throttle body and injectors. The only place it could be coming from is the oil dipstick i never have put more than 1.5 quarts of oil in it so i know its not overfilled. I recently came across this tech update TB02-009 - Crankcase Ventilation and wanted to know if this would fix my problem, also im not running an air box and i have the puke hose running down the front of the radiator to the ground is this OK?

[attachment=12838:IMG_2669.JPG]
[attachment=12839:IMG_2670.JPG]
[attachment=12840:IMG_2671.JPG]

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

Yes I would say so... somehow your rig dodged one of the most basic early updates.
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/TB02-...nkcase_vent.pdf

I actually came across one of these official kits if you need it... most of the parts you could get from the hardware store except for the drain plug to replace that banjo fitting but it is better to get one that has a magnet in it.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

One of the t-fittings is a liitle hard to find. It has 3/8 x 3/8 x 1/4 fittings. One of the hoses is molded as it needs a 90 degree turn. One of the sponsers will hook you up. If not I have everything including the magnetic drain plugs.

SlOoT

#4 Post by SlOoT »

It is strange that it pukes oil near the airfilter, but the hose runs down to the ground.

You should indeed do the breathing update, and also check where to oil is comming from, maybe indeed the dipstick.

fast moto

#5 Post by fast moto »

Thanks for the help, I called Dave and ordered the kits i need to fix the problem.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Sep 6 2013, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is strange that it pukes oil near the airfilter, but the hose runs down to the ground.

You should indeed do the breathing update, and also check where to oil is comming from, maybe indeed the dipstick.

I agree with SIOoT. the update helps keep it from pukking oil out of the hose that you ran down to the ground. when you do the update make sure you don't have any pluged lines and If I remember correctly the lines that the Tee (by the air box area) gose to has a banjo fitting on each frame spar, I would check them also. maybe someone put regular bolts in them. Just a thought

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

Daves updates are well thought out, come with great instructions and work perfectly!