EFI/ECM problem???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
B S

#1 Post by B S »

rebuilt my 02 x440s
was having problems starting it(now i know why)
here is the thred
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=26595

just found out that my right injector lead is on full blast all the time from the second you hit the start button

im guessing that this is a problem with the ECM

the video links are as follows

here is the video sorry there crapy
the right side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuC4ETDmKXA

the same injector on the left wiring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Qz1-0ygyI

is it fried?
does it need a remapp?

are all of the ECM the same ?
i see lots on ebay for $85 shipped

r.porter

#2 Post by r.porter »

Have you tried swapping the injectors to make sure it not just stuck open?

B S

#3 Post by B S »

QUOTE (r.porter @ Oct 22 2013, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried swapping the injectors to make sure it not just stuck open?

Yes I have

It's not the injectors!
I'm sure of that

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

I would start with a new main harness -- a later-bike version. That would also negate the need to do a diode update for that machine.
Your harness could have a permanent ground in the right injector line. Or, sure it could be the S-1000 ECM. But an upgrade harness is good to do first anyway, and safeguards the X440s S-1000 from common damage.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

When it stopped spraying did it stop because you turned the switch off or when say the fuel pump stop running or was it just random. I would reload the hex code if thats the case. If its shorted to vehicle ground it would run all the time key or no key . If it stops exactly with the fuel pump then I would guess the fuel pump ecu trigger ground wire is somehow shorted to the fuel injector trigger ground which would be highly unlikely.

B S

#6 Post by B S »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 22 2013, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it stopped spraying did it stop because you turned the switch off or when say the fuel pump stop running or was it just random. I would reload the hex code if thats the case. If its shorted to vehicle ground it would run all the time key or no key . If it stops exactly with the fuel pump then I would guess the fuel pump ecu trigger ground wire is somehow shorted to the fuel injector trigger ground which would be highly unlikely.

starts spraying like that when i hit the start button to start it
stops when i hit the (red/kill)button

the fuel pump seams to stay on after you hit the kill button only way i get it off is i unplug the fuel pump from the harness

would it be best to remove the harness and check it for any faults ?

B S

#7 Post by B S »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Oct 22 2013, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would start with a new main harness -- a later-bike version. That would also negate the need to do a diode update for that machine.
Your harness could have a permanent ground in the right injector line. Or, sure it could be the S-1000 ECM. But an upgrade harness is good to do first anyway, and safeguards the X440s S-1000 from common damage.

where is the diode update located at?
was looking all around the harness last night for a break threw and saw something next to the one of the relays that has been heat shrinked on

how do you tell the difference between the different harnesses ?
and the ECM's ?

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

That is wild! When you checked the injectors did you swap the wires around and plug the left one on the right injector and vice-versa? This would cause the other injector to fire full blast. If so, I would reload the hex code and map and check again. As far the fuel pump being on all of the time, that is a driver built into the ECU. It's really not fixable w/o adding an in line switch. Another ECU will fix the fuel pump problem. You can tell the differences in the harness by the tag near the ECU on the wiring harness. They have version numbers. The higher the number the better.

B S

#9 Post by B S »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Oct 22 2013, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is wild! When you checked the injectors did you swap the wires around and plug the left one on the right injector and vice-versa? This would cause the other injector to fire full blast. If so, I would reload the hex code and map and check again. As far the fuel pump being on all of the time, that is a driver built into the ECU. It's really not fixable w/o adding an in line switch. Another ECU will fix the fuel pump problem. You can tell the differences in the harness by the tag near the ECU on the wiring harness. They have version numbers. The higher the number the better.

Don't have a way to reload the program

And yes I have swapped the injectors and it's that right injector lead from the ECM that's the problem

The left lead works fine

I'll pull the harness and ECM when I have a break from work tonight and post the photos/numbers from the harness

B S

#10 Post by B S »

Here's the photos of the harness and ECM

Any it looks like it was #43 off the lot?
Vin too