engine question

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ShifT714

#1 Post by ShifT714 »

picked up a complete engine for 400 bucks w/ hydro clutch, all wiring and throttle body.. suppose to be a ported 465 with reangled injectors but not sure if you can tell. i still have to pull the head off but any way to tell if its got the 465 kit?

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

Pull the little coolant neck off the side of the case and if what you see in there is steel and not aluminum there is a good chance it is at least a 460. Not much of a plus in my book... probably has a wwe piston and personally I will never put another motor together with one. The re angled injector fad turned out to be less than a plus and that porting seems to be an early and crude attempt but should make a little more power than stock... I would go thru it and run it if I were you. If it has good cams and a crank that is good enough for a new bearing you got a good deal.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

You can measure stroke by measuring piston travel through the spark plug hole. As far as the porting what can we say ,its a reangled injector head . $5 in scrap value. If its got good cams then there is a couple hundred bucks right there. Is the valve cover aluminum?

ShifT714

#4 Post by ShifT714 »

Thanks for the input guys!